Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 823

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 574.5K views

Replies

• tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I mean how can you?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/bbc-presenter-rachel-burden-apologises-after-f-bomb-live-on-air-1-4928166

Mess ups, lady, mess ups.
    Amazingly the discussion continues "with the presenters apparently unaware", a situation that seems completely unfathomable to me as to how such a thing could ever happen. How can anyone be unaware?!?:huh: If you say something, and don't have the form of Tourette's that a small minority (perhaps 1%) of Tourette's people have, it is an active thing of deciding to say it so it cannot possibly be done without full knowledge of what you are doing and therefore I don't know how it can be done. Except that people generally are apparently able to do things without realising they are doing them, and, if you are told not to swear, psychologically you will then be more likely to do so because it will then be on your mind as having to make an active attempt to try not to do it. So if they, as they did after several swearing instances over the years, post notices in singers' dressing rooms telling them not to swear before they go onto TV or radio performances in an effort to stop them doing so, I think it is doomed to fail even more because, even assuming the singers pay any attention to the notices, it will then be on their mind. However, much more likely indeed it seems to me, unless they have autism, the singers will most probably fail to notice there are any notices. If they do notice them despite that, they seem very unlikely to me to comply with any rules that might be in them because most people do not comply with rules on notices or signs. Instead they just continue their normal lives regardless and most people don't usually cause others problems in any event.

As for myself, I just went to that page to see what, in the words that came to my own mind, "Rachel effing Burden" had said, except that it wasn't the word "effing" in my mind:naughty::rotfl:. Too much bloody swearing on the radio these days. They need to watch their asses to see they don't do it:D.

Sorry but I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at this post.

If I swear in work they are :eek: and its only words I don't call swearing I wont say F and W word and !!!!!! . They think ar se and bloody are swearwords :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

They say all the swearwords I still have to google words they say see what they mean :o not my fault if I don't know :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    You're waffling:rotfl:. (And, for clarity, I mean not even in the entire post but merely through or by the time of that one sentence highlighted.)

Shall we call it both interesting and boring, since it is both? It is everything that it manages to be to every individual that ever sees, hears, experiences etc. it at any time collectively added together.

Me waffling? :eek:
    Does that make me a waffler, or a waffle?
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon :hello:

I went in bros new car to Iceland Warehouse and the store is massive compared to small one in town that's just an Iceland.

Is car is also nice I bigged it up ;) hoping for more lifts to places . Once a month to Iceland Warehouse would be nice :D

Been sunny today but a tad cooler I can cope with it tad cooler :T
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Me waffling? :eek:
    Does that make me a waffler, or a waffle?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Afternoon :hello:

I went in bros new car to Iceland Warehouse and the store is massive compared to small one in town that's just an Iceland.

Is car is also nice I bigged it up ;) hoping for more lifts to places . Once a month to Iceland Warehouse would be nice :D

Been sunny today but a tad cooler I can cope with it tad cooler :T

You mean car was big, or you was big? :rotfl:

Sorry tweet, I know what you meant was you told him how great car was so that he'll offer to give you a lift more often. I always said that women were crafty ;)
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    (Sits here wondering if the other ladies here are as crafty as Tweets).

Only ladies may respond ... :rotfl:
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean car was big, or you was big? :rotfl:

Sorry tweet, I know what you meant was you told him how great car was so that he'll offer to give you a lift more often. I always said that women were crafty ;)

I am 20 stone :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: if I put loads rocks in my big bag :p

Yes you are correct told him it was a lovely colour but red would have been a better colour schh didn't tell him that.

We ladies not crafty we are clever very clever :D
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Don't tell me it's blue?

Tweet, you wouldn't go in a blue car would you? Except in the dark.
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't tell me it's blue?

Tweet, you wouldn't go in a blue car would you? Except in the dark.

Yes its metallic blue so not city blue :D

Waiting for bubbs, Enterprise , fruittea , emerald , silvercar and other ladies to back me up think you have scared them off :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I going washing up and having me bath be back laters :)