Musicmagpie.co.uk is lying to me! - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Musicmagpie.co.uk is lying to me!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
46 replies 17.5K views

Replies

• dllivedllive Forumite
    559 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Do you really think they will care, that alone do anything? They are generally a waste of time.

Hmm, I fear you may be right :(
  • xNaomixNaomi Forumite
    11 posts
    I've just sent a macbook to them. Very good condition, few signs of normal wear and tear. Worked perfectly. They've just dropped my offer from £190 to £18 as apparently the lid hinge is broken (it was fine when I sent it yesterday and no signs of weakness).

I'm obviously not going to take their offer as the laptop is worth a lot more than that. Hoping when they send it back that it wont be broken but really dont think this will be the case. Dont know how they are allowed to get away with this
  • dllivedllive Forumite
    559 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    xNaomi wrote: »
    I've just sent a macbook to them. Very good condition, few signs of normal wear and tear. Worked perfectly. They've just dropped my offer from £190 to £18 as apparently the lid hinge is broken (it was fine when I sent it yesterday and no signs of weakness).

I'm obviously not going to take their offer as the laptop is worth a lot more than that. Hoping when they send it back that it wont be broken but really dont think this will be the case. Dont know how they are allowed to get away with this

Well, if it was like as in my case, youll get your laptop back fine. Youll then sell it to another company and they will be no problem.

That reminds me: I havnt contacted Trading Standards yet! (Been busy). Ive put that on my list of chores to do tomorrow. Thanks! (Best of luck with your laptop)
  • edited 15 May 2019 at 8:46PM
    Tea_spillerTea_spiller Forumite
    55 posts
    edited 15 May 2019 at 8:46PM
    It is high level fraud, check the feedback on trustpilot 1star & you will find plenty of identical experiences. Majority of people get their devices back with no sign of issue quoted.

I do think :money:MSE should refrain from putting the deals on the website, they need to be starved into acting right. Plaster your experience on social media also.
  • AndyP1957AndyP1957 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    As I have suggested elsewhere on here - report them to Trading Standards - far too many complaints of similar nature exist

And report them to programs like BBCs Watchdog - if enough complain they will take it further in all likelihood
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just sold my old iPad to MusicMagpie, I posted it to them last Thursday, received by them yesterday and cash showing in my bank this morning.

Completely trouble free transaction (and they paid significantly more than what the others were offering).
    ====
  • davethorpdavethorp Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve sold many things to music magpie over the last year or so and the only issue I’ve ever had with them is them not always paying out on the day they receive the item and sometimes paying out a few days later despite claiming to send payment on the day they receive the items

I have never had music magpie try to reduce the value of anything I have sold to them even though I was expecting it on some things I have sold them due to lots of scratches or the like. They have always paid the quoted price to me

• ballyblackballyblack Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And report them to programs like BBCs Watchdog - if enough complain they will take it further in all likelihood

They will not be interested..........remember you are trying to off load 2nd hand goods to them..........they are dodgy sellers to them also!!
  • Alex2011Alex2011 Forumite
    25 posts
    Had similar issue, sent the iPhone locked to EE network, they come back to me telling that phone is unlocked therefore they will pay £15 less, no way is acceptable as unlocked phones normally cost more and phone is definitely locked to EE and never was unlocked, so requested to return my phone back and two weeks later managed to get original fee as they promised as it seems to me every operator telling different lies, so I have mentioned on last call do I need to report their company to police? as clearly they do try to scam people and my phone was lost, so last operator spoke to manager and they did paid me as agreed within 24 hours.

Based on experience I will never use them again as they are scam artists!
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get real. Why do people often think the police would be in the slightest bit interested?? Laughable.