Forum Home» Credit Cards» Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards

Big spending coming up - how best to do it?

New Post Advanced Search

Big spending coming up - how best to do it?

2 replies 1.6K views
5gomad5gomad Forumite
1 posts
We are currently converting a property and are coming to the stage where we are buying lots of big items such as appliances. I'm wondering if we'd be better putting it all on a credit card (or three!) or going interest free store loans - with a view to paying them off quite quickly. Is there a particular card that's offering really good deals at the moment?

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credit cards will generally give better deals, as the cost of the store finance is built into the price of the product.

However, store finance is also generally easier to get.
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you make purchases of items over £100 in value on a card, then you will get additional s75 protection too. There are a few card issuers who will give an estimate of your credit limit before the full application, but I'm afraid I can't remember which ones.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley: