Forum Home» Credit Cards

Tandem card application

New Post Advanced Search

Tandem card application

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
9 replies 2K views
starMstarM Forumite
1.5K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi,

My other half applied for Tandem Cashback card on 21st April. The applicatiom was referred. She just had a chat via there app and they said the applicatiom is on verification stage. I have asked him what is verification stage and how long it would take for a decision but he could not answer


What is verification stage amd how long does it take for decision. This 3rd week now.

Thanks

Replies

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    As long as it takes I guess.
  • starM wrote: »
    Hi,

    My other half applied for Tandem Cashback card on 21st April. The applicatiom was referred. She just had a chat via there app and they said the applicatiom is on verification stage. I have asked him what is verification stage and how long it would take for a decision but he could not answer


    What is verification stage amd how long does it take for decision. This 3rd week now.

    Thanks

    You aren’t entitled to credit and Tandem certainly are unable no obligation to offer you any credit at all. The credit issuer can literally drag its feet for as long as it wishes I suspect. It’s just a case of playing the waiting game you’re still entitled to your 14 days withdrawal rights.
  • starMstarM Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Thanks for replying back. I am aware of that its not a guaranteed card but they should have service level to meet. I am sure we are not the first one application has been referred and other people in similar position should be able to say how long there applicaton took.

    My other half also has a Tandem savings account and received an email for a refer a friend with £10 Amazon giftcard. It states to click on the link but there are no links on the email.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at the many many threads started by people complaining about Tandem. e.g. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5815394

    Many people have had problems with them. 3 weeks is absurd for a credit check to be honest. Just throw it on the every growing pile of bad service and problems people are having with Tandem.
    As much as the apologists will try and defend Tandem, they clearly aren't doing a good job.
  • yamsyams Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts
    I've been waiting 5 weeks now and I saw they did the credit check straight away but when I've asked it's still been processing. The initial application said they would require further details for verification but when I asked they said they didn't need anything.


    I don't mind waiting... it just would be nice to be given an explanation or a timeframe, even if it is just that they are short staffed or there's an issue with my application.
  • penguineaterpenguineater Forumite
    84 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    yams wrote: »
    I've been waiting 5 weeks now and I saw they did the credit check straight away but when I've asked it's still been processing. The initial application said they would require further details for verification but when I asked they said they didn't need anything.


    I don't mind waiting... it just would be nice to be given an explanation or a timeframe, even if it is just that they are short staffed or there's an issue with my application.


    I just took out a card and it went through straight away. Maybe yours was flagged for manual verification.


    Did you get accepted?
  • yamsyams Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts
    I've still not heard back from them. I'll wait a little bit longer then apply somewhere else I think. The only communication I've had from them are automated messages asking me to recommend/review them.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    yams wrote: »
    I've still not heard back from them. I'll wait a little bit longer then apply somewhere else I think. The only communication I've had from them are automated messages asking me to recommend/review them.
    Run far away. They are terrible. New stories every week on here from people having problems. Terrible reviews everywhere online too. I wouldn't trust them with my money or data at all.
  • yamsyams Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts
    You're probably right. I was planning on getting an Amex card later in the year to use the cashback when I buy a new laptop and don't want to have another search on my credit file so I'll leave it for now. I don't need a credit card right now. I was just hoping for one without foreign transaction fees (and of course the cashback is a nice bonus).
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support