New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Barking mad relatives!

242 replies 51.8K views

Replies

• nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not suggesting your cousin and her baby would do this, but it goes to show you need to be careful who you let live with you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5995458
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Or maybe the OP should wire up the doorbell to the electricity.

I think I'm going down a darker path than most posters.
    But I can guarantee that once I've told someone they're not welcome, I don't have to repeat the message. ;)
    Perhaps she needs to go stay with the father if she know who it I, maybe it's her dad...

Tell them you don't want their little tart anywhere near your hubby.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Or maybe I'm not. :D
  • ska_loverska_lover Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps she needs to go stay with the father if she know who it I, maybe it's her dad...

Tell them you don't want their little tart anywhere near your hubby.

Are you responding to the correct thread?

Which 'Tart' are you referring to? Whom is the tart?
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • cheskychesky Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    "..... so I didn't get the chance to write a response ...... I'll do it later..."

But you still managed to write on here. STOP PUTTING IT OFF.
  • SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    6.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    chesky wrote: »
    "..... so I didn't get the chance to write a response ...... I'll do it later..."

But you still managed to write on here. STOP PUTTING IT OFF.

Yes ! -the longer you leave it, the more auntie will assume that you are considering her proposal.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you spoken to your mum at all about all this. What does she think?

Will she take sides? Will she see you as the bad guy, causing a family rift, if you refuse? Or does she think her sister is a bit barking too?
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your mum at all about all this. What does she think?

Will she take sides? Will she see you as the bad guy, causing a family rift, if you refuse? Or does she think her sister is a bit barking too?

From what I recall reading about the OP's Mother, she wouldn't be the first person I'd call on for support. :(
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the wee girl has a great dane and a bag for life....
  • ska_loverska_lover Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes ! -the longer you leave it, the more auntie will assume that you are considering her proposal.

This.

One of the big things I have learned in life, is to assert myself and to put an immediate end to stuff I do not want to happen / (Or - entirely different thread - someone being rude/horrible to me, or mine)
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    ska_lover wrote: »
    This.

One of the big things I have learned in life, is to assert myself and to put an immediate end to stuff I do not want to happen / (Or - entirely different thread - someone being rude/horrible to me, or mine)

Saying NO to family is so hard sometimes though. I'm currently trying a subtle approach over stuff with mine...but they don't seem to be taking the hint. Might have to be more blunt myself.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j