Forum Home» Energy

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 18

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
2K replies 113.6K views

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update from me.

Email dropped into my inbox first thing this morning with a bill attached going from my switch over date, 22/04/19 to 02/05/19.

The opening reading didn't match the one I submitted but as long as it matches my closing reading on my previous provider, I'm not overly concerned.

It is an estimated bill as I hadn't submitted any further readings since switching and mentions a due date on it but goes on to state, if paying by DD this will be an automated transaction, which I've took to mean they will collect my normal agreed amount.

I've since submitted an up to date reading and will do so regularly going forward as I did with my other provider so we will see if future bills are still estimated or actual/customer readings.

An hour and a half later, another email arrived regarding their change of T&Cs echoeing what someone else already said above about the small credit and extra 2 months by way of a 'thank you'.

DD yet to be taken - I believe it is set up for one day next week.
    Will update the thread if that goes through as planned/expected.

So far, so good - nothing that concerns me compared to any other provider.

Dobbi
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • TafrockTafrock Forumite
    631 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Same story here dobbibill. Opening reading which I also sent to. Y previous supplier was on 25th April. I submitted 2 further readings (final one on May 1). They have taken that may 1 reading as my opening reading and estimated my usage up until may 2. As you say it's only a small amount so as long as I'm not getting billed twice by separate suppliers I'll let it go. I also received the advance payment email. Again not overly concerned about it so I'll stick around and get my fiver bonus for the inconvenience
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Same story here dobbibill. Opening reading which I also sent to. Y previous supplier was on 25th April. I submitted 2 further readings (final one on May 1). They have taken that may 1 reading as my opening reading and estimated my usage up until may 2. As you say it's only a small amount so as long as I'm not getting billed twice by separate suppliers I'll let it go. I also received the advance payment email. Again not overly concerned about it so I'll stick around and get my fiver bonus for the inconvenience

Got my bill this am and it was based on my meter read given to them on the 1 May. However no sign of the £10 credit promised to me. So will be chasing that up. Also no email about paying in advance. However will deal with that when I am advised officially by them.

Also fellow posters keep posting. Whether its trivial or not we do have free speech in this country.
  • steve900steve900 Forumite
    82 posts
    I too got a bill for £9.99 this AM. Previous read 0.00, current read 0.00 but used 69.62KWh.

The bill was followed by another email about paying in advance being applied to my account and getting £5 and 2 extra months on the fix date.

Also agree about free speech.

There comes a point though where you dodge a forum area because it is clogged up with posts saying "my account manager is ......" "why are they closed today" etc etc.
  • fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    471 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    steve900 wrote: »

There comes a point though where you dodge a forum area because it is clogged up with posts saying "my account manager is ......" "why are they closed today" etc etc.

The contributors that made these posts are concerned that being such a new company it might be a really small operation with hardly any employees.

Also, some of the grammer and spelling used in their communications is questionable/unprofessional and they have also displayed an almost 'rabbit in the headlights' like behaviour when forum contributors have rung them and asked really quite basic questions.

The suggestion is/was that there is hardly anyone working for them at present and that possibly the same person is using different names to give the impression there are more people in CS than there really are!

This could be construed as deceptive behaviour and might indicate that other 'bad behaviour' might follow (like changing the terms of the contract after you've signed up for example!!) :D
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    fewkeste wrote: »
    The contributors that made these posts are concerned that being such a new company it might be a really small operation with hardly any employees.

Also, some of the grammer and spelling used in their communications is questionable/unprofessional and they have also displayed an almost 'rabbit in the headlights' like behaviour when forum contributors have rung them and asked really quite basic questions.

The suggestion is/was that there is hardly anyone working for them at present and that possibly the same person is using different names to give the impression there are more people in CS than there really are!

This could be construed as deceptive behaviour and might indicate that other 'bad behaviour' might follow (like changing the terms of the contract after you've signed up for example!!) :D

Well said!
  • edited 4 May 2019 at 6:19PM
    Dizzee_RebelDizzee_Rebel Forumite
    77 posts
    edited 4 May 2019 at 6:19PM
    I've had Aprils bill aswell. They've not used the opening meter reading that I supplied when they took over... but instead used the one I gave 2 weeks earlier, when I initially signed up...

Also like everyone else I've had the advanced payment email. Not entirely happy as I signed up to pay in arrears. Normally I'd have no issue paying in advance, but with such a new supplier, with no reputation, who seem to change the rules as they please, who's terms & conditions create more questions than answers, with obvious cash flow problems, a grand total of possibly 3 staff members - who haven't fully grasped the concept of the english language... well you can understand my reluctancy.

And surely by giving everyone £5 credit, that will create another albeit temporary dent in the Symbio Energy bank balance.

My other issue is:

"The other benefit of moving to this method is that we only require a meter reading every 3 months. This will reduce the hassle of providing readings every month."

Reduce the hassle? Or give Symbio the opportunity to over estimate & cause you to build up credit?

I'd much rather send readings in & have correct bills all year, than have two out of three months estimated. There's no hassle involved in reading a meter and submitting it once a month. Surely if you continue to send it at the end of each month, they have to bill you correctly?

Just for info, my account manager is the one & only Deepak Chettiar (AKA Nancy :rotfl:).

Oh &...
    steve900 wrote: »
    "why are they closed today"
    ... because its Saturday :D
  • JohnnosJohnnos Forumite
    4 posts
    Can anyone else get on the website, it just brings up a blank screen for me, I got on it once some weeks ago, after the blank screen thing a few times. Do they turn it off at the weekend to save on the electricity? I'm still tempted to try them......... so stubborn when it comes to, 'ooh cheaper.'
  • BenightBenight Forumite
    418 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Johnnos wrote: »
    Can anyone else get on the website, it just brings up a blank screen for me, I got on it once some weeks ago, after the blank screen thing a few times. Do they turn it off at the weekend to save on the electricity? I'm still tempted to try them......... so stubborn when it comes to, 'ooh cheaper.'

Link as specified in the OP is working OK here :)

Having said that, there does seem a short delay in loading the top part of the page, which is the part that provides for an online quote, and according to this thread was an addition after launch. (or maybe just accesses another service provider as many of the smaller supplier websites do when requesting a quote)
  • JohnnosJohnnos Forumite
    4 posts
    Benight wrote: »
    Link as specified in the OP is working OK here :)

Having said that, there does seem a short delay in loading the top part of the page, which is the part that provides for an online quote, and according to this thread was an addition after launch. (or maybe just accesses another service provider as many of the smaller supplier websites do when requesting a quote)
    Thanks for looking, it must be my connection or something to do with my browser or machine, my connection is painfully slow.