Forum Home » Boost Your Income

Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;) - Page 131

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

edited 15 December 2019 at 5:28PM in Boost Your Income
2.9K replies 548.1K views

Replies

• thanos23thanos23 Forumite
    160 posts
    thisone wrote: »
    How old is your android, apps for older versions don't get updated?
    I think this might well be the issue. I've just tried SB Watch app on my main phone running Android Pie and it's fine, but my older phones that I use for Swagbucks aren't working, they're on Marshmallow and older... They're both on the same version of SB Watch, 5.12, as the Pie phone so it's not like one has had an update that isn't available for the other?
  • thisonethisone Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanos23 wrote: »
    I think this might well be the issue. I've just tried SB Watch app on my main phone running Android Pie and it's fine, but my older phones that I use for Swagbucks aren't working, they're on Marshmallow and older... They're both on the same version of SB Watch, 5.12, as the Pie phone so it's not like one has had an update that isn't available for the other?
    I've not reached the problem myself, my oldest android phone, which might be Marshmallow, bricked itself by updating other apps without enough memory to do so before becoming a problem, but I remember others having problems with older versions. I thought they were on various late versions of 4, whatever that was called, but it was a rolling thing.
  • linds1linds1 Forumite
    267 posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    There seems to be problems all over, rarely reached first goal at all the last ten days. I wonder if they are having issues of some sort? Perhaps a big overhaul or restructure, just hope the whole thing is not going down. I had some SB's accumulated, so have claimed my rewards, just in case.
  • John1963John1963 Forumite
    362 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The EntertaiNow app seems to be working okay now - have tested on two devices:j:j:T:T:beer:
  • thanos23thanos23 Forumite
    160 posts
    John1963 wrote: »
    The EntertaiNow app seems to be working okay now - have tested on two devices:j:j:T:T:beer:
    Wow, they're all working for me now!
  • thisone wrote: »
    How old is your android, apps for older versions don't get updated?

Thanks thisone and to everyone else for their replies!

My android is not that old, but thanks for the tip as I realised I hadn't updated the main Swagbucks app (which had a new update pending). It worked fine after the update.

Also, I was mistaken last night when I said most of the apps weren't working. Excuse the hyperbole - the affected apps were the same as everyone else's (SBTV and Entertain) but as I usually run the Entertain app first, my efforts were focused on that and it skewed my perception of the issue.

They all seem to be working today though :T

Thanks again :)
  • John1963John1963 Forumite
    362 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Step 1 - 2 SB

Step 2 - 5 SB

Notes: All appears to be fine today, most of my Gold surveys are 60 SB with no 1 SB disqualification compo, SSI26217294 (post above) does not appear in my list.
  • General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A two-question Quick Survey for 5SB - aquariums and size of employer organisation
  • anamakanamak Forumite
    112 posts
    To Do List Bonuses - 2nd May :T

Step 1 - 3 SB

Step 2 - 7 SB

*Thanks to @General Grant :beer:
  • anamakanamak Forumite
    112 posts
    Instant Survey ID: 45691 - 14 SB

Erectile Dysfunction :eek:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support