Forum Home» Charities

Where best for auction prizes

New Post Advanced Search

Charities Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, please note the Charities Board should only be used by registered charities and not include personal posts. I’m afraid we will have to delete any posts that aren’t from a registered charity. If you are facing personal financial difficulties at the moment, please use MSE’s coronavirus guides – they contain all the info we have and are constantly being updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

Where best for auction prizes

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Charities
2 replies 2.8K views
Carrie2018Carrie2018 Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Charities
Looking for suggestions for companies that are happy to donate as I’m trying to help a local charity with their silent auction and raffle, hoping someone can help by pointing me in right direction

Replies

• kingfisherbluekingfisherblue Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was looking for prizes for a local charity, I took letters on headed paper, and wore my uniform, and just went to as many companies as I could. I included the local sports team (who donated a signed ball), flower shop, hairdresser, supermarkets, etc. Local businesses were the most generous, along with supermarkets. Other larger businesses were more likely to refuse.

I have also seen people asking for charity prize donations on local FB pages.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No location, but as above you need to do the footwork and possibly spend a little to get some leaflets done first.

Make sure your raffle is legal. It maybe seen as gambling, there are rules.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...