Forum Home» Public Transport & Cycling

MSE News: Jobseekers encouraged to get 50% off... - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Jobseekers encouraged to get 50% off...

edited 28 March 2018 at 1:25PM in Public Transport & Cycling
13 replies 7K views
2»

Replies

• paragp wrote: »
    Hi there, can anybody tell me if this is still valid. I got a "discount" card today but its only valid on TFL Buses and Trams and not the underground. The jobcenter plus have told me this is the only one they have to give out. Has Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount card been discountinued? thank you

I got issued the JCP Travel Discount card on 22 November for 3 months, I had to kick up a bit of a fuss with my job coach to say it was necessary that I get the card, for interviews in London. It's very random how this card get issued & is up to the discretion of the specific job coach/manager (and also how long they issue it for).
  • Is this card purely for interviews? I've been using it mainly for interviews, but also travel by train a lot outside of interviews (don't drive), so have benefited from some cheaper fares for leisure as well. Never been checked on what I'm using the card for. In the end, it's saving me money.
  • katsukatsu Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    GWR & TFL websites that talk about the railcard talk about how to use it. Nothing about needing to be on a particular kind of journey so I can't see any issues with leisure travel as well as interviews.
    Debt at highest: £8k :eek: Debt Free 31/12/2009 :D (ten years and counting :j). Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018. Save £12k in 2020 member #41