Quote gone up overnight

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 1.1K views
magicmagic Forumite
194 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi,

I was using all the usual online to find the cheapest car insurance and kwik fit came out on top. the quote yesterday came to around £595 and I was going to use quidco as well to get £42.50 cashback on this. So I logged in today and selected my quote from yesterday (the only option it has is to recalculate when you pick a quote) and for the exact same details this is now showing approx £645!

unfortunately kwik fit are now closed until the 2nd Jan so I can't call them... but assuming they are still able to give me the original price as quotes are usually valid for a while...is there any other way to get some cashback? Kwik fit give you £20 for recommending a friend and some family have insurance with them so I could do this, any other ideas?

edit:

HMMMM, well the figure of £645 comes up when I enter my details direct into the kwik fit website... If i use the link from quidco, I need to start a new quote as the "retrieve a quote" link doesnt do anything. and entering the exact same details again brings this quote to £681!!!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals