Another UKPC "Leaving Site" PCN, another cancellation

New Post Advanced Search

Another UKPC "Leaving Site" PCN, another cancellation

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
10 replies 538 views
bokdrolbokdrol Forumite
16 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Got another one of these ridiculous PCN,s - decided to amend the standard template appeal by adding a pre-emptive "go and do one" in the form of " Please don't bother sending me a request for driver details and proof of site usage as neither will be forthcoming" - needless to say this was ignored and I received the request from them- sent the second appeal putting them to strict proof of the "transgression" committed - then received their template response of " based on the evidence submitted we have cancelled the parking charge" which I found rather amusing considering there was no evidence submitted.
The long and the short of it is that you have to let these lowlifes know that you aren't going to be intimidated by them and the chances are good that they will go away.

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done.

Scam baiting is quite fun when you know how, isn't it?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to bait them further, complain to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bokdrolbokdrol Forumite
    16 posts
    Yes it is.
    Tried a new approach - when I found the ticket on te windscreen I went looking for the "warden" in his natural habitat - the dustbins behind the site.
    Don't know whether he was called away to a nuclear physics convention or whether he didn't fancy confronting 18 stone of irate South African, but either way he was nowhere to be found.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In truth they had very little choice,

Leaving site is almost impossible for them to win. They must prove that all the occupants of the car left the site, not just the driver. That someone warned the motorist of the financial consequences of leaving site, (mitigation of loss), that it is not an unfair term in a consumer contract, and that it is not contrary to the Human Rights Act.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2150607/Landmark-parking-case-means-thousands-overturn-fines.html

Let us suppose that your brand new Monte Christo Panama hat , (£300 in Herrods), blows off site, do you not run after it. Of course you do, silly PPC persons.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bokdrol wrote: »
    Yes it is.
    Tried a new approach - when I found the ticket on te windscreen I went looking for the "warden" in his natural habitat - the dustbins behind the site.
    Don't know whether he was called away to a nuclear physics convention or whether he didn't fancy confronting 18 stone of irate South African, but either way he was nowhere to be found.

So funny ... good for you

It is sad that such morons remain morons
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • GrumpymeGrumpyme Forumite
    3 posts
    Please can somebody help me ....I cannot find the template letter. I received a NTK regarding leaving site (UKPC). Many thanks in advance.....it’s not through lack of trying ....I’ve been on here 3 hours now.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grumpyme wrote: »
    Please can somebody help me ....I cannot find the template letter. I received a NTK regarding leaving site (UKPC). Many thanks in advance.....it’s not through lack of trying ....I’ve been on here 3 hours now.

From Coupon-mad’s post above, her forum ‘signature’ at the bottom each of her posts guides everyone to the sticky which contains the initial appeal template.

Here’s what it says:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • GrumpymeGrumpyme Forumite
    3 posts
    Thank you so much x
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't people see my signature? Can you see it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grumpyme wrote: »

Grumpy ...... you want help then start your own thread, this thread is not yours
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR