Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled! - Page 52

New Post Advanced Search

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

663 replies 498.3K views

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave86 wrote: »
    Finally had my ticket cancelled. I was having no luck with the Parking Company actually responding to me and DRP...well they were DRP.

Eventually after being hounded and hounded but them not responding to any of my contact, I submitted a SAR, realised the person that responded was a director of the company...and raised my complaint to them. I advised my situation to them, and had a chat with a member of the press. Them knowing this seemed to make them actually agree with everything I have tried to tell them over the past 8 months.

PCN cancelled and DRP told to cease their harassment.

Well done ....... it's amazing what can happen if you expose them.

It seems to me that with the forthcoming new CoP, the scammers are thinking twice, even back peddling .... just in case they get banned by the DVLA

Who is the parking company, it's not DRP ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Success at West Quay Retail Park Southampton.
    PCN from Britannia for overstaying the free parking.
    Signage on meters was confusing.
    Complaint to Furniture Village who instructed Britannia to cancel PCN,

This should be linked to my post in the main board but am unable to do so
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gazhants wrote: »
    Success at West Quay Retail Park Southampton.

This should be linked to my post in the main board but am unable to do so

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75584160#post75584160
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Thank you for all the helpful advice here & for giving me the confidence to appeal my Parking Charge Notice of £40 (increasing to £70 within 28 days)
    Issued by: Britannia Parking (BPA member)
    At: Waitrose, Salisbury
    For: Exceeding 3 hour limit

I was genuinely shopping throughout the time as there are three other large retail shops on the site, including Waitrose, and sometimes, when shopping for multiple reasons and looking for inspiration for gifts, I don't find it hard to spend that long enjoying some retail therapy...Ok, My Name is Cazzkins and I'm a Shopaholic lol!
    I wrote to Britannia and sent a copy to the Branch Manager at Waitrose explaining that I did not leave the retail park and was shopping legitimately throughout and also that I was not aware that parking enforcement had been introduced (although I understand now that it had begun at least a year ago).

I have now received a letter from Britannia confirming that the Parking Charge Notice was valid and correctly issued but as it was my first Parking Charge Notice, they are prepared to cancel the notice, with the understanding that I will not continue to breach terms and conditions now that I am aware of the maximum stay time permitted for this car park! Result - one very Happy Shopper :-D

However, with so many people being issued with parking fines for various reasons, I am sad that it will drive more and more people to shop online when many stores are fighting for survival :-(
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, with so many people being issued with parking fines for various reasons, I am sad that it will drive more and more people to shop online when many stores are fighting for survival :-(
    Yep, 7 million private parking tickets issued in the past 12 months. With just over 30 million cars on the road, that’s around 23% being hit by the private parking industry.

Well done on getting yours overturned. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    10.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzkins wrote: »
    I have now received a letter from Britannia confirming that the Parking Charge Notice was valid and correctly issued but as it was my first Parking Charge Notice, they are prepared to cancel the notice, with the understanding that I will not continue to breach terms and conditions now that I am aware of the maximum stay time permitted for this car park!

Sounds like they were instructed to cancel but have spun it as a "goodwill" gesture.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    "However, with so many people being issued with parking fines for various reasons, I am sad that it will drive more and more people to shop online when many stores are fighting for survival"

well done ...

now let the manager /ceo know that you would love to shop with them for ages and ages bur sadly you cannot ... and that to help with your retail therapy that you will spend the remaining therapy time else where ..... at a competitor

Ralph:cool:
  • Back in February our car was clocked by an ANPR operated by Horizon parking at Wilkinsons store in Gateshead. Horizon had taken over from APOCA, not sure when, but under APOCA Sundays wasn't chargeable. So inevitably the Parking Charge Notice came with the usual £50 in the next 14 dayts or £85 afterwards.
    After an email to Wilkinson head office in Worksop got a blunt reply, a letter was sent to the Chief Commercial Officer explaining that it was a genuine mistake, based on the fact that parking charges never previously applied on a Sunday and that another of their stores regularly used they don't apply on a Sunday. I highlighted the fact that the high street is dying and it would be far easier to shop out of town or online in the future if people get nasty shocks in the post after visiting their strore and spending money. I attached the receipt which proved that money had been spent instore between the times on the charge notice. It took them over a week to get back to me but I had success in the Charge notice was withdrawn. A small victory against the scurge of the High Street.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How to get a scam PCN overturned at Exe Bridges retail park:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75628258#post75628258
    ...phone numbers and an email address for someone called Georgie Brooks:
    https://www.cspretail.com/properties/exebridges-retail-park/

This is Georgie Brooks' email:

[email protected]
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • erik_the_rederik_the_red Forumite
    21 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Here is another success against UK CPM, this time Pelham Street car park in Brighton. I used the template appeal letter and submitted my appeal on their website. I then wrote to the Chief Exec of Brighton MET College (whose car park UK CPM manage). I explained I had over stayed but that it was a genuine oversight and the penalty was completely disproportionate to my "crime". My letter was forwarded to their facilities manager who simply asked for the ticket details and instructed UK CPM to cancel the ticket. Confirmation email from UK CPM received a couple of weeks later.
    Even when I was arguably in the wrong, the level of penalty levied is simply not justifiable.

Thanks for this great forum and the wealth of knowledge contained here. It can feel daunting to attempt to take on these scum bags but success is more likely than failure if these pages are to be believed!