Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

OVO Energy...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
54 replies 6.3K views

Replies

• hello, thanks for the welcome :j
    not sure of the purpose of the term "desperate" to describe such a decision, but yep. I have enquired with a different provider who have quoted a lower price and I know people who use them and have had no such problems as I have been facing with Spark lately. So, out of principle and"desperation" for honest communication, if you will :)
  • edited 24 February 2019 at 7:55PM
    waveletswavelets Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 24 February 2019 at 7:55PM
    hello, thanks for the welcome :j
    not sure of the purpose of the term "desperate" to describe such a decision, but yep. I have enquired with a different provider who have quoted a lower price and I know people who use them and have had no such problems as I have been facing with Spark lately. So, out of principle and"desperation" for honest communication, if you will :)

Well if it's not the case that your tariff is coming to an end, then you have been paying too much for a very long time - at least since last November.

Please read the MSE advice (e.g. about considering a fixed deal, but you may have already missed boat in that regards) & get yourself signed up to an alerting servive such as the MSE CEC so that you don't spend months and months on an expensive tariff again.

Don't enquire with a provider, consult a comparison site and search the whole of market, and earn possible cashback for switching too :money:
  • Spoken with Spark, indeed a security deposit..... I questioned why there has been no communication or that it does not show up on the statement - was told that what happened in the period of administration was not in their control basically.:cool: I was told to contact the administrators "KMPG" but given the phone number for pastduecredit solutions. (??) at the end of it, I was offered to set up direct debit and was questioned why I don't want to
  • Hi Jenny,

I haven't had a reply to the original email I sent, although you have mentioned you've seen it.

Sam
  • diompdiomp Forumite
    2 Posts
    diomp wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    same issue here. Only received a letter from Pastdue on 16/02/2019. OVO told me that the Dec2018 (Nov 2018 bill) payment has been kept as deposit, but it will not show up in my file....
    I wrote to OVO asking for explanations, in the meantime paid Pastdue and now, I expect the results from the credit rating agencies.
    If affected, we need to raise the issue collectively against OVO/Spark energy administrators.

Incredible customer service from Jenny in Spark. Simply BRILLIANT!!! 5 stars!
    She asked to be contacted, (as you see in the forum)
    Reluctantly, I did, she handled the matter as urgent, Jenny called me back with the outcome, left me a vm, send me an email with the resolution. I admit she EXCEEDED my expectations and 2-3 days later, she called me again, to gauge my rectation.
    For the SPARK I know up until Jenny, it was too good to be true, but Jenny DELIVERED.
    Disclaimer: I dont work for Spark or any other agent related or affliated with this company.
  • Hi diomp

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

I really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_MSE_NaomiFormer_MSE_Naomi MSE Staff
    519 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
    MSE Staff
    Almost 130,000 Spark Energy customers have been contacted by debt collectors in the wake of its takeover by Ovo Energy, even though many have continued making normal payments and had no idea they owed any money, MoneySavingExpert can reveal. If you've had a letter, text or email from a debt collection firm, don't panic - we've full help on what it means and what you need to do...
    Read the full story:
    'Urgent call for Ofgem to step in after debt collectors contact 130,000 Spark Energy customers'
    OfficialStamp.gif
    Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
  • TrustyOvenTrustyOven Forumite
    746 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Oh great!

I logged in to my account, see that I'm £400 in credit, no electricity charges taken from December, January, or February.
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • Hi TrustyOven

Do you want me to update your account for you?

If so, drop me a line to the email address given in my profile, confirming the following:

Your forum name
    Your real name
    Your supply address and postcode
    Your meter readings (if you haven't given any in the last few days)

Once I've got your info I can update your balance and make sure your usage pre and post Administration is all accurate.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Stuart_WStuart_W Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no way any of this should be allowed.

Ofgem need to change SoLR transfer rules if this is allowed.
    Ovo should be barred from future SoLR bids and fined if it isn't allowed.

This certainly did not happen when Co-op took over GBEnergy, credit and debit balances were transferred across. This should be a mandatory part of the process.
This discussion has been closed.