Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

PoundStretchers bargains - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

PoundStretchers bargains

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
108 replies 47.4K views

Replies

• PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that I love Blue Riband with a cup of tea and dark chocolate on it sounds yummy,on a side note here in Sheffield we had a new cheapy shop open on a retail park called Bargain Buys,checked it out,it was all nice and light and new but somehow seemed familiar,I put a coat on this morning for a wet dog walk and found a receipt from there in the pocket which said Poundstretcher trading as Bargain Buys.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldiva - Viamio wafer biscuits 20p for pack of 3 (105g)
    Dark chocolate coated wafer with cocoa cream.

My dad likes them and says they remind him of 'Blue Riband' with dark chocolate.
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store). They do indeed taste just like Blue Riband and I'm no fan of dark chocolate. I bought a couple of packets and served them with a pot of tea one afternoon. Mum initially wasn't impressed at my choice (she really hates dark chocolate) but somehow scoffed two in a row without complaint :rotfl:

I went back the next week and bought an outer of 24 :D . The only thing I would warn about is that some are a touch crumbly at the ends, and if not stored in a fridge, the chocolate tends to stick to the inside wrapper.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store).

Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    dlusman wrote: »
    Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals

And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc_N wrote: »
    And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
    I like them, but appreciate taste is down to the individual.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doc_N wrote: »

Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    dlusman wrote: »
    Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies

Leave them a few weeks (not that difficult!) and they're stronger (and more difficult to eat) than real wagon wheels!
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Went in today Duncan got these and quite nice with a cuppa good doggie.

02-B9-D2-E9-10-B0-481-C-AA21-A7-E14-E4-E6628.jpg
    rs5 0 60 mph
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^Them's the ones. Perfectly edible.

• PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    ✭✭✭
    She who must be obeyed just tried one with a coffee which turned into 2 she asked how much they were I said 20p which turned into 3 and a quick I’ll take a packet to work :cool: