PIP Assesement - Complete lies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
17 replies 8K views
2»

Replies

• I started my pip claim in January 2018. I only just won it This month. My advice if you can get someone who knows about the legal system to go with you. You will more than likely have to put in for a mandatory reconsideration notice, Then go on to appeals. Do not mention anything new to Dwp as they will twist it and lie. always put things in writing asking for a written report so you can ask questions at a tribunal. The one Word that they never ever mention when it comes to tribunal tell them you have never been asked if you can do these so called tasks Now this is important SAFELY that word they always and will always miss out.
  • antrobusantrobus Forumite
    17.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started my pip claim in January 2018. I only just won it This month. My advice if you can get someone who knows about the legal system to go with you. You will more than likely have to put in for a mandatory reconsideration notice, Then go on to appeals. Do not mention anything new to Dwp as they will twist it and lie. always put things in writing asking for a written report so you can ask questions at a tribunal. The one Word that they never ever mention when it comes to tribunal tell them you have never been asked if you can do these so called tasks Now this is important SAFELY that word they always and will always miss out.

It's not missed out. It's in the PIP2 instructions.

How to complete the form

In each section, please tick one of the boxes marked Yes, No or Sometimes for each question asked. Then provide more detail in the Extra Information box about how your health conditions or disabilities affect your ability to do the activities, the difficulties you face and help you need. In particular:
    If you can do them safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you need to and in a reasonable time.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/584201/pip2-information-booklet.pdf
  • atlantis187atlantis187 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    So my wife had a MR letter back today even though we sent a very strong letter back to argue our case why the decision should be changed (thanks to Alice holt) along with extra evidence the new decisions maker has just done a copy & paste job from the original decision and has gave 0 points like before and it looks like our letter was not even read and totally disregarded.

What is the next step now what can we do?
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my wife had a MR letter back today even though we sent a very strong letter back to argue our case why the decision should be changed (thanks to Alice holt) along with extra evidence the new decisions maker has just done a copy & paste job from the original decision and has gave 0 points like before and it looks like our letter was not even read and totally disregarded.

What is the next step now what can we do?
    This is not unusual as most MR decisions remain the same and are mostly copy and paste decisions. Only 18% of them are successful.

Your next step is to request the Tribunal and you have 1 month from the date of the MR decision to request this.

You need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send the MR decision letter with the form. If you don't send MR decision letter with it then the Tribunal won't accept the request.

Information in the link how to do this.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/appeal-a-social-security-benefits-decision-form-sscs1
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    do we need to send a letter explain why we are appealing this decision like we did for the MR or is this not necessary and if we do can we just send the same letter we sent for the MR
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Poppy says you need to fill in an SSC1 form

More information here - plus how to complete and what to say

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    When applying for a pip appeal using the online service do u still need to send the MR letter from the DWP in post aswell
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals