Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1K replies 53.5K views

Replies

• the_cross_rabbitthe_cross_rabbit Forumite
    689 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    My word thats alot of sugar . Thanks for the recipe will have to get DD1 to give it a go. She only makes fudge now and again, usually for people's birthdays.
    CRx
  • greentgreent Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tablet's gorgeous! CR - the texture is somewhat crumbly - a bit like the edge pieces of a batch of fudge can be sometimes.

Hello teapot! I remember your name of old :) Sorry to hear that life's been rather rough since you were last on here x

I'm looking into joining Circle for cashing out on pr0lific - if I get organised and do it in the next couple of days I'll let you know how it goes! (Don't hold your breath, though!!! :D)

x

ps: thanks to your diary title I keep humming the line 'Life is a Mystery...' from Madonna's 'Like a Prayer'- I know that's not the title, but it's how my brain reacted! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £5138/6K
    Net sales 2020 £605.06/£500 Decluttering: 2020/2020
  • teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My word thats alot of sugar . Thanks for the recipe will have to get DD1 to give it a go. She only makes fudge now and again, usually for people's birthdays.
    CRx

Yes, sugar and condensed milk eek!! There are lots of recipes on t'internet, as I haven't made any for years I'm not sure what recipe I used to use.

Think now I'd only make things like that for presents or like your DD1 for birthdays otherwise the temptation for me is to eat it if its not earmarked for someone else :eek:
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    greent wrote: »
    Hello teapot! I remember your name of old :) Sorry to hear that life's been rather rough since you were last on here x

I'm looking into joining Circle for cashing out on pr0lific - if I get organised and do it in the next couple of days I'll let you know how it goes! (Don't hold your breath, though!!! :D)

x

ps: thanks to your diary title I keep humming the line 'Life is a Mystery...' from Madonna's 'Like a Prayer'- I know that's not the title, but it's how my brain reacted! :D

Hi greent, thanks for dropping by, I do remember your name as well from before. Thanks, I'll be interested to know how you get on with Circle when you get round to it x

Sorry for passing on the Madonna earworm :rotfl: I'm singing it now too!
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that song :j
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a NSD, I had tea at my niece's otherwise was indoors.

She had picked up some new recycling box covers for me which is very helpful. The covers seem to be very cheaply made and the elastic stretches so that the covers don't fit tightly after a time. At this time of year its often windy so the recycling gets blown all over the place. The daft thing is the recycling box covers are not recyclable so they have to go in the landfill :mad:

Today will not be a NSD as I'm getting a haircut which I'm looking forward to as its been a few months. Will probably treat myself to a coffee as well and look for a replacement to the cat wee tea strainer :cool:

After that I really 'must' knuckle down and do some work on my accounts :eek:
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy new hair :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL 'twill be same old grey hair - just a bit less of it :rotfl:
  • Choccygirl123Choccygirl123 Forumite
    830 posts
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi teapot, happy new diary.

Sorry to hear about your hubby. You sound really motivated and I'm sure will soon get rid of the debt.

I make a lot of fudge and find nigella's the best and only uses 800g sugar. A lot more butter though! Never had a bad batch, I'll see if I can find you a recipe link x