Engineer visit compensation

in Phones & TV
3 replies 729 views
My Plusnet broadband died one morning. I'd recently asked to be switched to fibre and I mentioned this when I reported the fault. They asked me to check a bunch of connections, etc. which I did. They said they would have to send out an engineer to check everything, so I took a day off work and the engineer came out.

He did a couple of checks and said I'd been switched to fibre but hadn't been sent a new hub. I'd had no notification from Plusnet that I'd been changed over. I rang Plusnet and the guy said he could see on his screen that I had the wrong hub and would send one out.

They are going to compensate me for my loss of service, but I also think they should offer me something for taking a day off work totally unnecessarily. I didn't need an engineer to come out and they should have seen that straight away.

I'm not naive enough to think that they wouldn't try to wriggle out of it, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Am I?

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might give you £30 as goodwill .
    OR may well have attended the cabinet but then not needed to visit you . But they may well have found they needed to .
    Not at home when OR called no internet you would be complaing even louder about that .
  • Having hit brick walls with everyone I spoke to, they have just offered me a month's free broadband in addition to my loss of service. I'm happy with that. I just hate when they have that "we don't compensate for financial loss" mantra on a loop. Just shows that persistence and insistence on speaking to a manager does pay off :-)
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    atprice wrote: »
    I just hate when they have that "we don't compensate for financial loss" mantra on a loop.

I think it's all to do with today's 'claim for a blame' society that we live in - if they admit liability, you *may* want to sue them further .... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News