» »

Mag Daily and Clicks to wins FAQs

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Mag Daily and Clicks to wins FAQs

edited 27 January 2019 at 2:19PM in Compers Chat Corner
32 replies 4.3K views
Marg2k8Marg2k8 Forumite
5.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 27 January 2019 at 2:19PM in Compers Chat Corner
[STRIKE]Now that the advents are over, I've been toying with the idea of adding some answers to frequently asked questions to the threads on the regulars board for both the mag daily comps and the click to win comps.

For example 'Do I get more entries if I share?'

I could do with help on compiling a list of FAQs (and easily understandable answers).

If anyone can come up with some and add them here, that would be appreciated. Or even just a link to any threads on here where questions have been asked and answered.

Thank you.[/STRIKE]

The FAQ's can now all be found on the following posts.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5850358#2

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243#3

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243#4
🐟🐟April challenge - something fishy🐟🐟

Replies

• nelienelie Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is helpful but I can think of some questions, I've thought of doing C2W and MD in the new year so this would be lovely!

C2W Qs
    How do I know if the prize is being offered by more than one page/site. How do I find the prizes that are only offered on one?

Do I need to check the site to see if I have won or will they email me?

How do i get the videos to play automatically, without having to be in that tab?
    FEBRUARY WINS
    Box of Coffee, Box of Tea, Vegan beauty bundle, GTech Handheld and Cordless Hoover, Chocolates, Packing Cube, Cooper Tree Ornament, ‘Cards - Print - Wall Hanging’,

BEST 2019 WIN: Handheld and Cordless Hoover
    Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    In regards to C2W's, I emailed them last year about the nigh-on impossible odds of the same person winning 15 out of 25 competitions, might come in handy for some faqs...

"
    We have no manual input in the selection of winners. It is done by a computer system based in the US.

Many of our competitions are shared across multiple sites, and entrants can enter once per day on each site. If you click on a competition you would like to enter, scroll down to OFFICIAL RULES there is a full list as to which sites the competition is placed on.

The more entries that an entrant makes, the more likely those entrants are to win.

These entrants enter that many competitions that many times.

As per our terms and conditions a winner cannot win more than one prize that is worth more than £500 in six months, there is no cap on the amount of prizes that they can win other than this."
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • Marg2k8Marg2k8 Forumite
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nelie, I will include these.
    nelie wrote: »

C2W Qs
    How do I know if the prize is being offered by more than one page/site.

If you see a prize you particularly like and want to enter on all the sites it is available on, click on 'official rules' and you can see direct links to all the entry routes.
    How do I find the prizes that are only offered on one?

I don't know of any easy way to do this, but Aspella has kindly created a post that lists comps she has found on 15 sites or less here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243&page=3#55
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Do I need to check the site to see if I have won or will they email me?

They will email you. Even Simply Media, who suggest you log in and check your account will email you after a few days if you have not claimed the prize.

How do i get the videos to play automatically, without having to be in that tab?

There was a thread about this recently. I will try and find it, unless people add suggestions here.
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    In regards to C2W's, I emailed them last year about the nigh-on impossible odds of the same person winning 15 out of 25 competitions, might come in handy for some faqs...

"
    We have no manual input in the selection of winners. It is done by a computer system based in the US.

Many of our competitions are shared across multiple sites, and entrants can enter once per day on each site. If you click on a competition you would like to enter, scroll down to OFFICIAL RULES there is a full list as to which sites the competition is placed on.

The more entries that an entrant makes, the more likely those entrants are to win.

These entrants enter that many competitions that many times.

As per our terms and conditions a winner cannot win more than one prize that is worth more than £500 in six months, there is no cap on the amount of prizes that they can win other than this."

Thanks sleepyjones. I will make use of this.
  • I wondered about getting the videos to play too... I don't enter many but its annoying having to stay on the page while the video plays each time
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • mclarkiemclarkie Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wondered about getting the videos to play too... I don't enter many but its annoying having to stay on the page while the video plays each time

I don't have that problem, which browser are you using?
  • nelienelie Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I use chrome, but it happens in Safari too.

I tend to pull it down so it makes it a new window and then it works, but it is annoying!
    FEBRUARY WINS
    Box of Coffee, Box of Tea, Vegan beauty bundle, GTech Handheld and Cordless Hoover, Chocolates, Packing Cube, Cooper Tree Ornament, ‘Cards - Print - Wall Hanging’,

BEST 2019 WIN: Handheld and Cordless Hoover
    Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the thread where it was discussed before.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5917222
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the Brave browser on mobile and it manages to skip the videos, I don't really do C2W's on a computer.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • mclarkie wrote: »
    I don't have that problem, which browser are you using?

firefox... maybe I should try a different browser. I did the mag daily list for a while so had all sorted back then but I have a memory like a sieve so cannot remember my routine now lol
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money: