For those who won in the Thorntons advent competition

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
23 replies 1K views
purplevamppurplevamp Forumite
8.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
Did you get an email confirming that you won? I won two prizes. a £5 off voucher (but I forgot to take down the code :rolleyes: ) and 3 bottles of cordial.

Has anyone received their goodies yet or had acknowledgement?
Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
Now: £109,875.32 Dec 2037

Swagbucks ~ £215 (2020 ~ £290)
Surveys ~ £319.72 (2020 ~ £346.59)
Make £2021 in 2021 #51 ~ £1,110.19 ~ (2020 ~ £2,535.89)

No Spend Days: Sept 2/15

“I Love You" "I Know"

Replies

• whitewingwhitewing Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The codes I was given were CCX7 and CCX8 I think (about £5 off) but it seemed to state that you had to order straight away. And there was a min spend (£40?) I believe. Didn't win any actual goods and no email for the codes
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • SkippycatSkippycat Forumite
    6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won just before xmas (a bar of choccy). I remember it saying that delivery couldn't be guaranteed before xmas (probably a blessing considering that I am currently up to my eyes in chocolate from xmas gifts!!!).
    2018 wins include.... Panasonic microwave £50 ASDA gift card £250 Fenn Wright Manson gift card Match Mag £40 gift voucher Dehumidifier £250 TESCO gift cards
    :):):):):):)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to the forum
  • d130d130 Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    I won a chocolate bar, but never got an email. Also won the codes, but it's not really a win if I have to spend a load to get money off, so didn't worry when I didn't get those emails!

Total to date - £309.15
    March wins - Leaves of Grass DVD
  • i won a box of choccies and got an email sent straight away. Only won on christmas eve so not got them yet (hardly surprising!)

• I won a couple of bars of chocolate and have had no acknowledgement at all.
  • purplevamppurplevamp Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that everyone. I don't expect them to turn up just yet (as they were only won last week), I was just curious about the emails. Seems like most people didn't get one!! I won't hold my breath then :rolleyes:
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £109,875.32 Dec 2037

Swagbucks ~ £215 (2020 ~ £290)
    Surveys ~ £319.72 (2020 ~ £346.59)
    Make £2021 in 2021 #51 ~ £1,110.19 ~ (2020 ~ £2,535.89)

No Spend Days: Sept 2/15

“I Love You" "I Know"
  • I don't think they sent out winning emails at first as I never received them for a couple of wins. But after it started running really slow & crashing, I won a couple more times and DID get emails confirming my wins.
    I think they realised that some people may have been making up email addresses to enter more times. Therefore if people did make up emails after the change they would know because emails would come back to them as undeliverable.
  • Some of my wins I had a confirmation email, some I did not. Have not received anything yet either.
  • pondie1pondie1 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    i won 2 bars of chocolate and received emails immediately after the win
  • pugsley29pugsley29 Forumite
    703 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    why bother making up emails it's easy to get more email accounts
    Wishing you a lucky 2021:beer:
This discussion has been closed.