Forum Home» UK Armed Forces MoneySaving

Old Boys! Have you claimed your pension?? - Page 12

New Post Advanced Search

Old Boys! Have you claimed your pension??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
112 replies 245.8K views
167891012»

Replies

• edited 22 December 2018 at 3:19PM
    SilvertabbySilvertabby Forumite
    5.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2018 at 3:19PM
    My dear husband joined in 1979 and was medically discharged as a Sgt in late 2001 with injuries caused during his service. His mental health is quite poor and is confused wether he is entitled to a pension.

Upon discharge he was awarded 40% disability by the spva but is now at 80%, initially he received a small lump sum a monthly pension from the Army and a war pension.

There has been no further lump sums awarded between the 40% and 80% and is unsure if he should have received a further amount.

He is aged 59 now serving under the AFP’s 75 and is confused by the whole thing, any advice would be appreciated.

This is so complex, I would go straight to the experts in this field - the war pensions department of the Royal British Legion. They'll also be able to advise if your husband is entitled to any other benefits.

0808 802 8080
    www.britishlegion.org.uk

My best wishes to both of you. People say that Mr S and I are 'lucky' to have our Armed Forces pensions, but I know our 'luck' was down to completing our combined 50 plus years of service with our minds and bodies intact - unlike so many others.
  • MurielsonMurielson Forumite
    224 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Go direct with your enquiry

Armed forces pensions enquiries
    Joint Personnel Administration Centre (JPAC)
    Mail Point 480
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow
    G2 8EX

Telephone:
    0800 085 3600

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans