Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Court Claim - has the Defendant blundered? - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Court Claim - has the Defendant blundered?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
68 replies 4.5K views
123457»

Replies

• So, the deadline for Gladstones to pay the costs awards to the Defendant has passed (due by 4th December).

What are our options now? Help appreciated.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without reading back over the entire thread, who were the costs awarded against - Gladstones or the PPC?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Sorry, the PPC - Parking Control Management (UK) Limited.
    Any pointers on how to progress this and recover the costs?
    Cheers
    28.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glosandy wrote: »
    Sorry, the PPC - Parking Control Management (UK) Limited.
    Any pointers on how to progress this and recover the costs?
    Cheers
    Have you tried doing a bit of your own research? We are not a forum set up to offer legal advice. Much of the stuff we pass over to posters is acquired via our own research to answer specific queries. How about you try this via Google?:
    'How to enforce a small claims court judgment'

Then you'll know better than most of us here - and - you'll be ideally placed to come back and advise others with similar issues in the future. :cool:

Win win.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • I was doing that in the background, honest!
    Initial investigation seems to point to a load of aggro to recover this.... Will start with contacting them I guess.
  • Don't use DRP to collect the debt, I have it on good authority people ignore that company.
    Never admit to being the driver, POFA 2012 Schedule 4 is your best friend, always fight as registered keeper. Disprove keeper liability and you may be able to claim/counterclaim for data protection breach(s) and harassment. Don't just fight back, FIGHT BACK.
    28.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use DRP to collect the debt, I have it on good authority people ignore that company.

How sure are you that DRP can actually carry out such enforcements?
  • Payment has been made!
    Thankfully that's the end of this saga.
    Here's hoping the above pages will help others in the same situation.
    Glosandy.