Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

PIP Assessment! anyone had similar experience?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

PIP Assessment! anyone had similar experience?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
2 replies 978 views
Digital_2012Digital_2012 Forumite
53 posts
Seventh Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Hi guys,

I need your advice and opinions, i just had PiP face to face assessment three days ago i am suffering from depression anxiety flash backs panic attacks and post traumatic stress disorder. I also diagnosed ASD AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER.

The Assessment lasted 1 hour 40 minutes after that very next day same lady rang me who saw me face to face asking more questions about going out and about which i answered all, but now i received text message asking me to attend another face to face assessment.

I rang dwp and they said that i have to attend and they do not know why i been called again, anyways i rang the lady who saw me face to face but she was not available so her colleague told me that the lady who saw me face to face needs more answers so she wanted to see me again.

I never heard this kind of experience before so your opinion or advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• No this isnt usually what happens, phone calls are usual (when the assessments are complete they go to auditors who recommend additional qurstions) but not repeat visits. All i can think is that the assessor was a new starter, therefore some information was missed and as a learning point is having to follow up, or alteratively there were some technical issues where certain information wasnt saved.
  • Digital_2012Digital_2012 Forumite
    53 posts
    Seventh Anniversary
    Update:

It was mistake by the assessor who clicked the wrong button on computer which triggered a new appointment , they confirmed that no need to attend a new appointment as they have my report now have to wait for decision maker's decision.