Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 793

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 698.3K views

Replies

• DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Tied to an ironing board is only the start for some folk.
    (Bless you, Sunny Intervals! He's still breathing as I contemplated various scout knots, debated the relative merits & pondered the logisitics til I fell asleep last night.)
  • edited 16 October 2018 at 11:27AM
    pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 October 2018 at 11:27AM
    colinw wrote: »
    Or "What City would a Rich Tea biscuit be" :o

Well, I noticed that no Welsh town appeared! :p

Maybe everyone else is like me and cannot see the appeal of dried up, twice cooked cakes.

No wonder they're called 'petit gateaux' in French.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • edited 16 October 2018 at 12:04PM
    colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 October 2018 at 12:04PM
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Well, I noticed that no Welsh town appeared! :p

Maybe everyone else is like me and cannot see the appeal of dried up, twice cooked cakes.

No wonder they're called 'petit gateaux' in French.

They are good for dunking in tea though! as long as it is a quick dunk
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shudder! no dunking for me! :eek:
    That gives me one of my absolute horrors....... molten biscuit at the bottom of the cup just waiting for your last swig before pouncing...........:eek:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Teenage lads running around in my shop around 6pm swearing at us and customers. At least one was carrying a can of some alcoholic drink. It's half term around here and clearly got nothing better to do. I hate this and its offputting. Police don't seem to give two hoots
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Col, please will you alter that horrendous autocorrect typo of 'their' instead of 'they're' when you quoted my post.

So embarrassing! :o:o:o
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Col, please will you alter that horrendous autocorrect typo of 'their' instead of 'they're' when you quoted my post.

Corrected :p
  • tommixtommix Forumite
    41.3K posts

Their they're Polly...Relax! Make yourself a nice cup of Tea and put your feet up!:beer:
  • Wizard_of_IdWizard_of_Id
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dog's barking is bothering the life out of me today :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My dog's barking is bothering the life out of me today :(

He's barking mad you mean?