Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 790

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 698.4K views

Replies

• colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Prevarication is the name of the game!

I get a mental block on stuff if I leave it, I always have done, way back to when I started work, it is like a mental block I don't want to go back to, same with books, if I stop reading one I have a thing that stops me going back to it, hence why I have been trying to read the same book since 2009 :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Probably explains why I have a problem with filing home related paperwork.
    It goes in a pile, not a file .... :rotfl:

Also irritated that I've had a bad start to the week as per my number three threads and although I have now had three coffees, my appetite has gone.

What the hell - another coffee or two is unlikely to kill me .... aaaarrrrgggghh!
  • Wizard_of_IdWizard_of_Id
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left knee is sore but I can't remember doing anything different to make it thus :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Left knee is sore but I can't remember doing anything different to make it thus :o

Your rain gear rubbing on it in the rain?
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Your rain gear rubbing on it in the rain?

Not that simple I fear :(
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    An ebay seller laying the groundwork for a possible late delivery as soon as I made the purchase :(
  • NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    An ebay seller laying the groundwork for a possible late delivery as soon as I made the purchase :(

I had one of those yesterday too, a family bereavement apparently.

Luckily it's not something I need urgently.
  • SunshinesallySunshinesally Forumite
    214 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Many things.
    The clock in the doctor's surgery is still wrong. I have so far resisted the urge to take it off the wall and change the time myself. Also, touching that germ infested self check in screen, yet they provide no hand sanatizer unit.

Young chavvy men who walk around with one hand permanently down inside the front of their jogging bottoms/pants. Dirty !!!!!!s.

But most annoying was yesterday my son and I we're almost killed by some idiotic tart who drove through the pedestrian crossing at 60mph even though there was a "green man" Grrrr, angry face!
  • edited 15 October 2018 at 4:11PM
    DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 October 2018 at 4:11PM
    Having seen a day & a half of my annual leave devoted to driving from town to town hiking around charity shops for stuff for son to move into his own place with, my husband now has ironing board envy.

Which with his customary grace & charm he is now denying, after I had reserved one for him & my mother had even offered to fund. It seems being female means we cannot do right. (Other than drive, and that's another areas of dissension. All to "be expected within a marriage" no doubt.)

Actually a flatpack viking longship might mean you could send the rubbish downriver & let someone else deal with it? A sort of elegant flytipping? (Anyone got a weblink to this flatpack anyway? I may have a corpse to burn in one shortly.)
  • edited 15 October 2018 at 5:09PM
    DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 October 2018 at 5:09PM
    I couldn't set the chap on fire properly without a longboat. Trust me, even in death he will grumble, & failure to get the little historical details right & I'll never know a minutes peace.
    Honestly, watch a war film with him - it'll be less than 3 minutes before he's muttering about some detail being inaccurate. Even Bad Lads Army had him muttering that they must have had some uniforms custom made as the modern youth is taller etc... And Star Wars is no escape - those storm trooper weapons "just Sterlings with a bit of nonsense round the muzzle"

So, flatpack Viking longboat as a minimum. I wonder if the Roskilde museum shop do reproductions? [Nope]

I may have to join Twitter so I can plead with IKEA that they've missed a market niche. Flat pack coffins etc.. I do them an injustice - there's something already out there. I wonder if the British Museum would lend me their flatpack just for a quick singeing on an asbestos blanket....