Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018

edited 11 October 2018 at 9:15PM in Old Style MoneySaving
78 replies 5.8K views

Replies

• Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bins have been done and a few bits scooted off the countertops to make them look cleaner. Still not done that washing up, though - but I've still got 2 mugs usable, so it's not that much of a priority.

Had the usual day at work where the coursework they've had three and a half months (excluding the summer holidays) to complete is due in tomorrow. Lord help any Offspring of the Parish whose parent claims at the next Consultation Evening that they asked for help but was refused it, as I've been available (and providing said help to their peers within the restrictions of the qualification) at lunch and after school. Every. Single. Day. I stayed a little later (unpaid), but once I'm on the receiving end of somebody getting cross because I'm going home, it's hard to bite my tongue and not ask whether they were expecting it to be completed by Elves overnight.

Anyhow, there is a vague attempt at a curry in the SC. If it's not eaten tonight (I'm really tired), it'll be all the better for sitting in there on Keep Warm tomorrow.

And Himself is on a coach somewhere between Somerset and here, expecting to be back shortly before midnight. :j So, as of tomorrow evening, I am downing tools and relaxing/hoping this cold bogs right off, as I'm still quite snuffly and sneezy tonight.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    12 cup cakes made
    2 chocolate chestnut cakes made

Yum!

Thanks to an update, the planned paperwork and tax form submission on the laptop didn't happen yesterday evening:mad: It will be gone by the end of the weekend. Funnily enough, I didn't think to use the time to clean the bathroom though :o

There is a gale blowing outside, and the rain is banging on the windows. A lovely morning for negotiating idiot drivers on narrow roads to get to work.

Keep safe, dry and warm, wherever you are today. I hope all expected OHs turned up safely from their trips away.
  • MademoiselleMademoiselle Forumite
    748 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Pottering along slowly here. WM is on, DW too. ironing from yesterday still not done but to be fair there is only 1 polo shirt and 2 pillowcases to iron so thought it could wait until next load is done.

I have been through the box of instructions and thrown out those for items we no longer have. Drawers in kitchen sorted a bit too. Nothing is completely sorted but plenty of rubbish has been thrown away and a few things in the charity bag. Actually feeling quite good about getting rid of junk, although you can't see any difference it feels good to know that there is a bag of rubbish gone and loads of recycling (paper) and a bag for charity.

DW just finished so will go and empty that and see if WM ready to go to TD. Also want to see what else I can take out of freezer as trying hard to empty it and get rid of it.

Have a nice day all, it's the weekend tomorrow.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    11.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blowing a gale here as well, leaves all over the garden.
    Dinner done
    Still worn out, so might go to bed early.
    Need to buy food
    etc
    :) Sun, Sea :)

27.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One somewhat soggy OH arrived home just before 11pm. Unfortunately, I was too tired and feeling grotty to do much more than pass him a towel before eating a bit of the SC Curry (amazingly, he ate loads, which made wasting 70-odd pence on a packet of microwave rice worthwhile) and disappearing off to get some sleep.

Frantic Manic Busy Busy BUSY BUSY for every moment of the day at work today, including, quite unnervingly, a proper meeting for something (and not a come in and be told you're rubbish) and a request to write something that makes me sound like I'm vaguely trusted with a little responsibility. However, piece written and submitted, potential tears and tantrums diverted with the Offspring of the Parish and, after only 30mins overtime and some speedy sifting through to find a back up (how many times do I have to say SAVE YOUR WORK before everybody listens?), every bit of coursework was duly submitted and I have managed to cross off two of yesterday's outstanding tasks. And ignore the 15-37, depending upon how you count them, additional things I did today.

Practically crawled in through the front door this evening, have now dispatched Himself to fetch various Oriental Fishy Requisites and we will be watching a probably terrible Creature Feature before I go and sleep for hours and hours and hours.

He can do some housework in the morning. He's already washed up mugs and cutlery, which is good enough for tonight in my opinion.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • ValliValli Forumite
    22.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we were looking at ritual in RE with y1 and focussing on Salat (muslim prayer ritual) and I asked them to design a prayer mat ( having looked, respectfully, at a real one and picture of a few).

So these, says young C. indicating the circles he had drawn, are the chainsaws.

me - thinks 'CHAINSAWS WHAT CHAINSAWS I NEVER MENTIONED CHAINSAWS'
    me actually speaking - "a nice design, C well done"

anyway today I find out C's dad is a joiner...so I just might stop worrying...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • edited 13 October 2018 at 9:39AM
    Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 October 2018 at 9:39AM
    Valli wrote: »
    so we were looking at ritual in RE with y1 and focussing on Salat (muslim prayer ritual) and I asked them to design a prayer mat ( having looked, respectfully, at a real one and picture of a few).

So these, says young C. indicating the circles he had drawn, are the chainsaws.

me - thinks 'CHAINSAWS WHAT CHAINSAWS I NEVER MENTIONED CHAINSAWS'
    me actually speaking - "a nice design, C well done"

anyway today I find out C's dad is a joiner...so I just might stop worrying...

:rotfl:

When I were a nipper, we had the ritual humiliation of the drawing your Family Tree (always embarrassing for the kids whose relatives were mostly dead or were short of a parent or two). The follow on was tied in with Medieval stuff leading up to a trip to Winchester - create your own Family Crest/Coat of Arms; Mother's Side, Father's Side...

I'd tried to get the information from my mother ('Just draw it all about ME' How? She didn't 'do' anything and it had to be about your parents' jobs, according to the teacher), failing that, I asked a brother (I now know they were half brothers, but didn't at the time) who refused, then the next, who pretended he couldn't hear me, then the last, who wasn't particularly keen on me, but actually told me the information I needed to know.

My beautifully crafted Coat of Arms was duly completed and put up on the wall. It comprised a black and white cat and a yellow dog as supporters, quarterly divisions enclosing flowers and stars - and a scattering of milk bottles and clover leaves for the mantling.

Yep. My brother had told me completely straightfaced, that my father was an Irish milkman.
    27.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kitchen looks like a bombsite following last night's total binge on takeaway, ginger beer, sweets and crisps.

So I will be going to have a bath.

Himself reckons he's going to get stuck into cleaning today. He'll have to wake up first,
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    11.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WM is on
    TD is on
    It is chucking it down
    Kitchen is done
    Food shop is done
    OH has gone back to sleep
    I want to hoover...................
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    :rotfl: Hats off to all you teachers...

When I was in the infant (as it was then) class, I was adamant to my teacher that my mum was 21, as she told me every year that she was 21 again....my mum so obviously was an older parent and not a teenage mum.

I have an hour before I start the weekend taxi service for DD. I need to coordinate the calendar and diary, as there seems to be so much going on that something is going to get missed. The washing is hanging up indoors, although the sun has just managed to come out. It's still blowing a gale, so it is probably safer drying in than out. If I get time and a wiggle on, I might also be able to demolish the ironing pile.