Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

edited 12 February 2020 at 2:06PM in Energy
171 replies 45.3K views
1356718

Replies

  • Hi there,

    Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave such a thorough review and share your feedback with us. We take the experiences and views of our members seriously as we're here to provide you with the best service possible.

    It looks like we've dropped the ball on a few things here and we'd love to put them right for you.

    Would you be able to drop us a line with your name and telephone number/email so that we can get in touch to sort out the above (0131 285 5510 or [email protected]) but also to make sure we fix the problems that are causing them to happen.

    We believe in owning up when we mess up and getting right onto it to fix it, so rest assured we'll be back to that company you love again. With over 16,000 members calling People's Energy home we're also closer now to beginning to pay back our first 75% of profits back :j.

    Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I contacted People's Energy by phone yesterday and was told you have raised a ticket but, as I say, there was no indication how long it would take to sort things out. Is the email address above a general customer service email address because I can't see that I will be told any different if I contact that. If you give me someone specific to talk to then that might help though.
  • TLazTLaz Forumite
    3 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    So I got the quote and "joined".

    No acknowledgement email, other than one that said I had successfully set up a DD.

    Sent an email asking for confirmation that my switch application had been received, no acknowledgement of receipt of email.

    Called them. I guess the 18 seconds average waiting time is to get to the menu options. Waited on hold for a few minutes then hung up.

    All I know at the minute is that they can charge my bank account whatever and whenever.
  • PeoplesEnergyPeoplesEnergy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    27 Posts
    TLaz wrote: »
    So I got the quote and "joined".

    No acknowledgement email, other than one that said I had successfully set up a DD.

    Sent an email asking for confirmation that my switch application had been received, no acknowledgement of receipt of email.

    Called them. I guess the 18 seconds average waiting time is to get to the menu options. Waited on hold for a few minutes then hung up.

    All I know at the minute is that they can charge my bank account whatever and whenever.

    Hi there,

    Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback :). We're sorry to hear there have been problems in signing-up and we want to get onto fixing this right away for you.

    Would you be able to drop us a line FAO Christie via 0131 285 5510 or [email protected] as we're delighted to have you be part of the People's Energy family but we want to ensure it is a great experience.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PeoplesEnergyPeoplesEnergy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    27 Posts
    CelticStar wrote: »
    Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I contacted People's Energy by phone yesterday and was told you have raised a ticket but, as I say, there was no indication how long it would take to sort things out. Is the email address above a general customer service email address because I can't see that I will be told any different if I contact that. If you give me someone specific to talk to then that might help though.

    No worries at all and that's a great point you make. To make it easier for you and us to get onto resolving this as quickly as possible if you mark your email FAO of Christie it will be picked up by our Membership Team Lead right away :).
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • TLazTLaz Forumite
    3 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi there,

    Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback :). We're sorry to hear there have been problems in signing-up and we want to get onto fixing this right away for you.

    Would you be able to drop us a line FAO Christie via 0131 285 5510 or [email protected] as we're delighted to have you be part of the People's Energy family but we want to ensure it is a great experience.

    Thanks Christie - Connor has been in touch
  • PeoplesEnergyPeoplesEnergy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    27 Posts
    TLaz wrote: »
    Thanks Christie - Connor has been in touch

    Fantastic. That's great to hear and wishing you an awesome weekend from the team :beer:.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • carolyngysemancarolyngyseman Forumite
    4 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thinking of changing but I have an Economy 7 Meter, ;not been used for years at the cheap rate I just pay a normal rate all the time. Have just read something from someone on here that I will be penalised with a higher rate for having an E7 meter, is this correct and what is the difference in normal rate and what I would be charged?
  • HUMBUGHUMBUG Forumite
    258 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Dear People's Energy ,

    I've just joined you and put in my direct debit details. But then this screen pops up

    Thank you! We have all we need and will now work with your existing supplier to transfer your supply. If you have signed up to support one of our community partnerships, click here to enter your code: https://www.peoplesenergy.co.uk/enter-my-community-code/


    Your Direct Debit has been successfully set up!
    You will receive confirmation via email within 3 working days. You can view a copy of your Direct Debit mandate here. Please print and retain for your records.

    The People's Energy Company will appear on your bank statement.

    I tried clicking on the Direct Debit mandate hyperlink to see and print off my DD mandate but it doesn't work.

    Not an impressive start I'm afraid.
  • edited 30 October 2018 at 4:38PM
    PeoplesEnergyPeoplesEnergy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    27 Posts
    edited 30 October 2018 at 4:38PM
    HUMBUG wrote: »
    Dear People's Energy ,

    I've just joined you and put in my direct debit details. But then this screen pops up

    Thank you! We have all we need and will now work with your existing supplier to transfer your supply. If you have signed up to support one of our community partnerships, click here to enter your code: https://www.peoplesenergy.co.uk/enter-my-community-code/


    Your Direct Debit has been successfully set up!
    You will receive confirmation via email within 3 working days. You can view a copy of your Direct Debit mandate here. Please print and retain for your records.

    The People's Energy Company will appear on your bank statement.

    I tried clicking on the Direct Debit mandate hyperlink to see and print off my DD mandate but it doesn't work.

    Not an impressive start I'm afraid.

    Hi there,

    Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate every comment and want to always ensure we are listening to the experiences of our members.

    We're sorry the sign-up process didn't allow for you to print the DD Mandate and we will look into this right away. In the meantime we would really like to get in touch to make sure we resolve the issue first time for you :).

    Would you kindly send an email or call us at [email protected] and 0131 285 5510.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • edited 1 November 2018 at 2:04AM
    CelticStarCelticStar Forumite
    543 Posts
    edited 1 November 2018 at 2:04AM
    People's Energy, the matter I wrote about above still hasn't been resolved. I sent an email five days ago and marked it for the attention of the person you gave me details for but I haven't had any acknowledgement of the email let alone any help. Neither has anyone got in touch with me about the ticket that was supposedly opened when I spoke to someone on the telephone. I still can't access any bills so have no idea how much energy I have been using. Please would you get back to me about this?

    Update: all sorted now. Many thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest News and Guides