2»

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    32K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rest my case....(a minute on Google)

GENERAL
    "The property extends to 103.33 acres (41.82 hectares) or thereabouts in total and includes a range of farm buildings with planning permission for a traditional barn to be converted into a residential dwelling, together with 102.74 acres (41.58 hectares) of pasture land, all within a ring fence."

https://www.bletsoes.co.uk/property-full-details?profileID=100064001948
    Sponsoring The Warning in 2020
    469fc3ds43h3.jpg
    Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Santana.....err... Kanami Tono?
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    13.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically English to have 2 or 3 meanings for the same phrase!
  • ZZaffyZZaffy Forumite
    103 posts
    10 Posts
    Thanks everyone. This post is now ringfenced unless someone has left the gate open.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ZZaffy wrote: »
    Yes, G_M thank you. It did not take me long to find ring fenced too but internet came up with two types of ring fencing. That was my confusion. Ring fencing as in literally a fence. But there were also references to ring fencing in banking. Farmland language is new to me and I am trying to get my head around, development uplift clauses, sporting rights, mineral rights, basic payment schemes, stewardship scheme etc. Just wondered if the referred ring fence was financial or a fence. I am sorry if my post annoyed you.
    and it was for thatreason that I sugested you provide the context for your question!

For all we knew (at first) you might have been an investor looking for EC funding (in the final few months) ring-fenced for farming, or something else entirely!

Ok - DaftyDuck, I'll take my tablets now as it's time for nursey to take off her stockings and give me my... ahem.... cake.
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • ZZaffyZZaffy Forumite
    103 posts
    10 Posts
    And I did provide the context of my question G_M. In my 2nd post. I have now padlocked the gate.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    And I did provide the context of my question G_M. In my 2nd post. I have now padlocked the gate.
    Which was after I had asked for more context!

Forget the padlock - I'm a master locksmith......
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all started with Blackberry, when it stopped being fruit and became a computer.

Tangerine, 1979; 20 years before RIM launched a BlackBerry
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.