How to profit from BREXIT

edited 11 October 2018 at 8:52PM in Savings & Investments
50 replies 8.5K views
FatherAbrahamFatherAbraham Forumite
1K posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 11 October 2018 at 8:52PM in Savings & Investments
It is of no consequence whether Brexit is right or wrong.

How can one exploit the opportunities, uncertainties, hope and fears to become rich?
Thus the old Gentleman ended his Harangue. The People heard it, and approved the Doctrine, and immediately practised the Contrary, just as if it had been a common Sermon; for the Vendue opened ...
THE WAY TO WEALTH, Benjamin Franklin, 1758 AD

Replies

• jamei305jamei305 Forumite
    534 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Some equivalent of selling shovels in the gold rush.
  • kidmugsykidmugsy Forumite
    12.6K posts
    Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make some deluded sexual accusations against someone in the public eye (the PM?) and then get crowdfunded until your bank account groans under the weight of cash.

Don't accuse Boris of anything - it'll just make him more popular.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • AlexlandAlexland Forumite
    6.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of opening a cafe at the port of Dover to capitalise on people waiting around to be checked.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    72.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexland wrote: »
    I was thinking of opening a cafe at the port of Dover to capitalise on people waiting around to be checked.

Be open gates on the way out. ;)
    “Markets have been so good for so long, that many investors are trivialising the advanatages of actively managing portfolio risk" - Gervais Williams
  • RheumatoidRheumatoid Forumite
    605 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    How can one exploit the opportunities, uncertainties, hope and fears to become rich?

You really need to own an investment company and look a character out of the Beano!
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter, Geo Solo II Monitor. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme)
    Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:
    Year 1 = 4152kWh; Year 2 =4169; Year 3 = 4389; Year 4 = 4510; Year 5 = 4365 :j
    72.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It is of no consequence whether Brexit is right or wrong.

Why wait for Brexit? Everyday is a potential trading day. News a plenty to base investment decisions on. The world isn't standing still.
    “Markets have been so good for so long, that many investors are trivialising the advanatages of actively managing portfolio risk" - Gervais Williams
  • AretnapAretnap Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    steamed-puddings.jpg

I've gone long on Heinz tinned puddings. I'll mainly be accepting payment in gold and Bitcoin. Might consider cash offers in Euros and US Dollars depending on conditions at the time. Payment in Sterling will not be considered for obvious reasons. PM me to make your offer. No time-wasters.
  • EachPennyEachPenny Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into business selling capital letters? :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    72.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Aretnap wrote: »
    steamed-puddings.jpg

I've gone long on Heinz tinned puddings.

Buffett got there before you. Like the product buy the business.
  • AlexlandAlexland Forumite
    6.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aretnap wrote: »
    I've gone long on Heinz tinned puddings.

Yum, had forgotten about them, can I reserve the Treacle Pudding please?

Alex