Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th October 2018

edited 11 October 2018 at 8:15PM in Old Style MoneySaving
78 replies 5.8K views

Replies

• ionafanionafan Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all.
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    ionafan how do you get so much done (not by being a sloth like me).
    Frankly, by
    - being NEE rather than NEET, as I am still "in training", but it's my choice to do it
    - I'd had a decent night's sleep and wasn't feeling ill or in pain
    - enjoying the sunshine and fresh air: when the weather's grey, wet and cold it's a different story!
    - DH's depression being less obvious when he is physically unwell, so that he doesn't bring me down with him
    - it may look a lot when it's written down, but I have learnt on the Flylady thread that every little achievement is to be celebrated (and I tend not to post on the days when I achieve very little :o).
    Staggering through a busy week. Dreadful night Mon with tooth... Had a couple of waves of pain on the way to uni then in gym after, dropped in at church to remove dead flowers and Hoover... Bible group in eve... Uni today... rang dentist to see if there were any cancellations but line busy.... Wrote letter appealing against large parking fine at uni, enclosing emails I'd sent uni asking why permit renewal site wasn't working.
    That's not being a sloth - that's coping with pain and lack of sleep, showing commitment and determination, and being frustrated by a broken system that is not your fault!
    Mr N has been cooking and gardening while I've been working.
    You and MrN make a great team, of which fact I am very envious.

(((Hugs))) and spoons to all in need today - but no sticks! We are all guilty of beating ourselves up unnecessarily: after all, we're only human xxx
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, Jojo.

ATB - I'm with Ionafan on this - you sound like you will drag yourself into the ground at this rate. Take care. X

Well done on getting the bulbs planted, Ionafan. Mine are still in their packets in the shed, and have been for 3 weeks. Every day I think that I will get there, something else crops up. Not least that we have spent the last couple of weeks building a greenhouse. I now have to figure out what I'm supposed to do in it / with it. I bought it with some money that my mum left me, so it will hopefully be a nice reminder of her, as she loved her garden.

I'm off to work shortly. Flying has been in short supply this week apart from the absolute basics. Definitely a Must Do Better report for me. I will throw the recycling out now and see what else I can do in 30 minutes. Probably not as much as I like to think I can.

I'll report back later...have a lovely day, all, and hugs and spoons as needed. X
  • MademoiselleMademoiselle Forumite
    858 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Busy day yesterday, worked all day and some of the groups needed last minute preparation. Few bits of shopping on my way home so I can make cup cakes this morning as requested by DD1 who is coming home for lunch. So need lunch to be made too.
    So today is at home all morning, a couple of phone calls to make, cakes and lunch to be made, washing to be done and the bins go out tonight so I want to be sure they are full so need to go and sort out somewhere.
    Am up and dressed, bed is made, so is coffee so better go and put WM on.

I think you all do so much, thanks for the examples it so motivating.
    Hugs to all
  • atypicalblondeatypicalblonde Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning lovelies,

Thank you for thinking of me; you're quite right, I need to take care of me as well as everything else. Woken up with horrid thrush as well (sorry TMI) so I will definitely be making an appointment. The lumps in my armpits are no longer painful but have hardened. Sure it is nothing to worry about but it needs sorting.

Washing went on the line first thing, another busy day.

Big hugs to all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I got in from work just after 2pm. It could have been worse, I suppose. Turned myself straight around and dashed to Mr M with half a list. Considering it was half a list, I think I did ok sticking to it and reciting the things that I could remember that weren't on the list, although I surely resembled a mad woman muttering with my trolley. Shopping done, put away, and home just before DD got in from school. She made me a cuppa which was a bonus.

I'm now trying to get my act into gear to do something useful. I whizzed the vacuum cleaner around the LR, bedroom, landing and stairs this morning. I think I need to put a few things into the loft which are cluttering the spare room. As fast as I get rid of a bag to the cs, another bag of (ahem) treasures seems to take its place.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Narc0lepsyNarc0lepsy Forumite
    2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ionafan thank you for your kind comments. Yes I'm very lucky in Mr N, who'd have thought nearly 40 yrs ago we'd meet at a riding school and end up with such a good team.

Dentist now has me on waiting list for asap but not quite emergency!
    Manager trying to sort out parking permit fiasco at uni, sent off appeal letter and no new fines in post today. Another assessment to write up.

Exciting news that our kitchen floor seems to have dried and both dw and wm now in their rightful places and functional.

ATB good plan to see doctor.
    We're off to a concert in Islington now, likely to be the oldest there and I haven't been to a standing only gig for years.

jojo hope you feel better soon. Mr N now has injectable MTX!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ionafan wrote: »
    Glad you're still able to post occasionally, LW. Has the husky booked in with you?
    I haven't heard any more yet, but the Boss Lady is going to follow up with them, so hopefully I'll know for sure in the next day or so.

I do have Bessie Spaniel coming in on 1st November for certain, though. :o

I stupidly did 2 hrs weeding in the front garden yest afternoon. Not the best idea, been in agony since. But the garden does look tidier..... :cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ionafanionafan Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I haven't heard any more yet, but the Boss Lady is going to follow up with them, so hopefully I'll know for sure in the next day or so.
    I do have Bessie Spaniel coming in on 1st November for certain, though. :o
    That's good!
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I stupidly did 2 hrs weeding in the front garden yest afternoon. Not the best idea, been in agony since. But the garden does look tidier..... :cool:
    Me too (repotting and planting rather than wedding) - I ache all over today. Moving all the church chairs for the toddlers didn't help much :( Rosie has had a shorter walk than usual, but she had a longer one yesterday, so it averages out about the same.

There's a beautiful sunset right in front of me as I sit at my desk: this is the one day in the year when the sun goes down exactly opposite my chair, in the gap between the trees and the old farm buildings opposite :)

Must get ready to go out for the first evening of my new course.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to pot up some plants in the garden to 'over winter' them.

Work done, worn out.

Dinner done
    Basic flying that is all, but better than nothing
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• MademoiselleMademoiselle Forumite
    858 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Worn out here too

12 cup cakes made
    2 chocolate chestnut cakes made
    Nice lunch cooked and enjoyed with DD1, lovely to catch up with all her news
    WM moved to TD now needs ironing (can waith until tomorrow)
    Health insurance admin done
    Bank admin done
    Been to work
    Bins put out (and they were quite full so junk gone!)
    Going to clear kitchen then try and have an early night

OH home from USA tomorrow lunchtime, I can't wait!