New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Strictly 2018!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
2.7K replies 70.3K views

Replies

• andygbandygb Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play badminton and tennis, and mixed doubles in both sports resulted in many relationships breaking up. Dancing is no different, where there is constant touching and holding, it is pretty much inevitable that if there is a connection/attraction then being human beings, then they will enjoy more than just the moment.
    All of the dancers, men and women are in great shape and very attractive, and the celebrity dancers probably spend more time with them training than they do with their partners.
  • I'll still vote for them. I watch for the dancing - their personal lives are none of my beeswax :)

(Although my favourite for this year is DJJ, but I don't think Amy's much of a choreographer! I also like Faye - she's been ace!)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watch for the dancing - their personal lives are none of my beeswax :)

Agreed. I couldn't care less what they do off the dancefloor
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • spiritspirit Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Neil is the only one to come out of this with his dignity intact.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
    9.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so Seann and Katya on ITT just now...
    Not sure what to make of it tbh, but it certainly made uncomfortable viewing.
    Zoe Ball appeared quite uncomfortable as well.
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • dave4545454dave4545454 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    spirit wrote: »
    Neil is the only one to come out of this with his dignity intact.

Well he's not too bothered as it's an open relationship anyway.
    Martin has asked me to tell you I'm about to cut the cheese, pull my finger.
  • busybee100busybee100 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Katya looked as if she was holding a lot back while Seann was speaking. First time I've seen it addressed up front and quickly.

• dave4545454dave4545454 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so Seann and Katya on ITT just now...
    Not sure what to make of it tbh, but it certainly made uncomfortable viewing.
    Zoe Ball appeared quite uncomfortable as well.

Don't know why Zoe ball would appear uncomfortable, she's famous for her constant cheating on her poor suffering husband Norman cook.
    Always in the papers kissing other guys
    Martin has asked me to tell you I'm about to cut the cheese, pull my finger.
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wondered about a few marriages of convenience on the show.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    9.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know why Zoe ball would appear uncomfortable, she's famous for her constant cheating on her poor suffering husband Norman cook.
    Always in the papers kissing other guys

Whatever she might have done herself, I don't imagine it would make it any easier having to discuss other people's cheating directly with them on national television