Help from Eon Please (Malc)?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
1 reply 937 views
LB?LB? Forumite
17 Posts
Fourth Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
I posted an earlier thread without realising that an Eon representative was on the forums and Merlin139 advised me about him. So If you do see this please can you advise on the following...

My Elster generation meter is currently "frozen" - displaying a reading that is from a few weeks ago. The Inverter is working, and I've tried a full restart of the system (isolate everything, turn it all off, then on and de-isolate) but the meter is still showing the same reading. The red light is flashing periodically too (which I believe indicates power going through?).

The meter will probably need to be replaced, so I've spoken briefly to my FIT supplier (Eon) and they say I need to send a photo of the old meter then the new meter when it is replaced.

I've made an assumption that it would need to be fitted by an accredited solar installer, but haven't verified this, and there appears to be very few Solar PV installers in my local area now (Worcestershire) and the one I've spoken to starts off with a £100 call out charge, so would my usual electrician be acceptable?

Thanks in Advance :beer:

Replies

• LB?LB? Forumite
    17 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    Just to advise that I've now had information from Eon that covers what i need.

A replacement generation meter must be installed by an MCS accredited installer (so it's not just the initial install that this applies to). And you need to provide the following information to the FIT provider:

Old Meter

Removal Read
    Removal Date

New Meter

Install Date
    Install Read
    Manufacturer
    Model
    Meter Serial Number

Hope that's of use to somebody - but I'd still advise verifying with your FIT provider before doing anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals