13»

Replies

• unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomo321 wrote: »
    He says he cannot use the ‘auto-lock’ feature on the bike anymore

Did you describe the bike as having the feature? If not, job done.

If you did then is he saying it was working when he collected the bike but has since stopped? If so, there are no implied terms as to quality or fitness in a private sale so job done.

The only thing you have to worry about imo is if you described it as having that feature (since I dont think auto lock has any relevance to "good road condition") and it wasn't working on collection.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Brummie85Brummie85 Forumite
    170 Posts
    Buyer's remorse. Simple.

Sounds like he's nitpicking to return the bike because he no longer needs or wants it. Found a better one for less, didn't check the bike over properly and doesn't want to foot the repair bill etc. Unfortunately you won't know the real reasoning behind it.

You don't need to though. It was a private sale and that's basically the end of it. Let him take you to court- it would probably be over and done with in your favour in 10 minutes.

Only thing to worry about it is if he's a bit of a kn*b. If you think he's the type that will come back and damage your other property or threaten you, it may be worth considering his request to save the hassle. But only if you are happy that he's not caused damage and significant wear that would affect your ability to sell it to someone else in the immediate future for a similar price.
  • wgl2014wgl2014 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I'm still curious.....

Does anyone know what 'auto lock' is on a motorbike? Never heard of it and my Google consultant has no idea either!
  • z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    wgl2014 wrote: »
    I'm still curious.....

Does anyone know what 'auto lock' is on a motorbike? Never heard of it and my Google consultant has no idea either!

No, I've never heard of it either and been riding for 40+ years.
    Must mean steering lock.
  • oldhandoldhand Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    z1a wrote: »
    No, I've never heard of it either and been riding for 40+ years.
    Must mean steering lock.

Found a few items on YouTube about auto lock,seems to be a steering lock and alarm combination that you can set using a small remote control just like a car..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals