Replies

• SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    are you suggesting I should pay now

No

Please see :

Find out who's space it was and ask them if they've given UKCPM authority.

and

it may pay you to get the facts of above rather than have people speculate.

Asking if you should pay, is asking people to speculate on the facts. A judge won't speculate; we won't; you shouldn't.

Whether you don't have the time and make a commercial decision is up to you. In the same way we are asking you not to use up our time with speculations.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    88.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As the OP is (was) not a permit holder, how about they read PACE v Lengyel (from the Parking Prankster's case law pages online). These cases can still be won, especially if the local court is Skipton or Manchester...

I do not see this as a slam dunk win for the PPC - always worth defending!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your reply and help but just to clarify.

The issue is not about not displaying a permit.

The claim is given for not parking in my allocated parking bay and instead parking (after hours) in a unlabelled (not assigned to any resident) bay used either by emergency vehicles or loading/unloading vehicles (seen on the second posted Imgur link).

The hand written note (about getting a ticket soon) ticket was placed on to my windscreen by an unwitnessed person overnight (assumed to be a nice neighbour).
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    88.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I understand all that. Trespass maybe, certainly not a contractual charge. Pace v Lengyel spells it out.

Also where is the evidence you were not unloading?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would have happened if an emergency vehicle needed that space?

Seriously, whatever the reason you were still parking somewhere you shouldn't have - in a bay that could be used by emergency vehicles.

The bay is owned by someone. If it's not a resident then it is, most likely, the freeholder
  • edited 26 August 2018 at 7:51PM
    NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2018 at 7:51PM
    Thank you.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep I understand all that. Trespass maybe, certainly not a contractual charge. Pace v Lengyel spells it out.

Also where is the evidence you were not unloading?

OP said they were parked

How are they supposed to respond if asked if they were unloading?

Sorry. Given the emergency vehicles issue I have little sympathy. As with another recent thread, while I am with you lot in terms of PPCs, I do wonder just how far we should go in encouraging "perps" in ways of evasion
  • Thank you I will it carefully and may need to come back to you.
  • Firstly as seen in the pictures there are two bays for parking so there would certainly be space for an emergency vehicle.

Secondly, my allocated parking bay was occupied by another car, hence my choice of parking in a non-allocated space.
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstly as seen in the pictures there are two bays for parking so there would certainly be space for an emergency vehicle.

Secondly, my allocated parking bay was occupied by another car, hence my choice of parking in a non-allocated space.

And, if someone else came along and parked in the other bay?

As said before that is a pain in the behind but two wrongs don't make a right. You should have found somewhere else to park - preferably where there wasn't an allowance for emergency vehicles
  • The parking sign (pictures on link posted) has no reference to not parking in areas with signs "No Parking Emergency vehicles only".

This is an additional sign.

I understand from reading the the IPC Code of Conduct that all the terms & Conditions must be included within the sign itself and anything else not mentioned is not valid.

Their non-visible sign at night time mentions: "No parking outside of a designated area/parking bay

Therefore, have I not followed their T&Cs by parking within a designated area/parking bay?