Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted** - Page 110

New Post Advanced Search

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

edited 16 November 2019 at 8:25AM in Savings & Investments
3.5K replies 623.3K views
1107108110112113352

Replies

  • edited 11 August 2018 at 8:38PM
    SpeculatorSpeculator Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August 2018 at 8:38PM
    tg99 wrote: »
    Yes just to open the account.


    Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

    I cannot close or withdraw from the account by post.
  • tg99tg99 Forumite
    798 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Speculator wrote: »
    Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

    I cannot close or withdraw from the account by post.

    I’ve not opened the 3% one but all the other previous store versions which have matured I’ve closed by post except one in store (as was in anyway to open the next one). So unless they have changed the terms and conditions it could be you were given incorrect info.
  • adindasadindas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speculator wrote: »
    Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

    I cannot close or withdraw from the account by post.


    Are you particularly talking about this current 3% branch product or branch product in general ?.


    As mentioned by tg99 ypu could close the brach product by post by sending the close form and your passbook.


    I have done that in a few occasions.
  • ctdctdctdctd Forumite
    948 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Speculator wrote: »
    Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

    I cannot close or withdraw from the account by post.


    She's given you duff info - from the summary box on the website:-

    https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/regular_saver_issue_12/overview/


    "You can have access to your money whenever you need it. To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
    • Cash - Store** only.
    • Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
    • Electronic transfer.
    • CHAPS.
    • Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account."
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • edited 12 August 2018 at 1:10PM
    SpeculatorSpeculator Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 12 August 2018 at 1:10PM
    tg99 wrote: »
    I!!!8217;ve not opened the 3% one but all the other previous store versions which have matured I!!!8217;ve closed by post except one in store (as was in anyway to open the next one). So unless they have changed the terms and conditions it could be you were given incorrect info.
    adindas wrote: »
    Are you particularly talking about this current 3% branch product or branch product in general ?.


    As mentioned by tg99 ypu could close the brach product by post by sending the close form and your passbook.


    I have done that in a few occasions.
    ctdctd wrote: »
    She's given you duff info - from the summary box on the website:-

    https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/regular_saver_issue_12/overview/


    "You can have access to your money whenever you need it. To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
    • Cash - Store** only.
    • Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
    • Electronic transfer.
    • CHAPS.
    • Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account."

    Thanks everyone. I've already sent an email to the Haymarket store to let her know she's been giving out wrong info.

    Are postal withdrawals by cheque only or can they send it by FP/BACS to your current account?
  • Special_Saver2Special_Saver2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everybody,

    There is nothing that I can find that has changed for this weekend's update. I will do another update the weekend after next.

    SS2

    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • tg99tg99 Forumite
    798 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Speculator wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I've already sent an email to the Haymarket store to let her know she's been giving out wrong info.

    Are postal withdrawals by cheque only or can they send it by FP/BACS to your current account?

    If you give your bank details you should receive funds by FP on day of maturity (well that is how it has always worked for me anyway.......though I’ve always sent my letter in a week or so before so they have a few days to set it up).
  • bubieyehyehbubieyehyeh Forumite
    502 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?

    In a word. No.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • sjp999sjp999 Forumite
    117 posts
    Third Anniversary
    Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?

    Once I get a few up and running I'm going to take a child like thrill passing my growing number of passbooks over the counter to be updated. I think I might even get as much fun out of this than the actual saving :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support