Home Insurance for when goods are stored at some else's home (during a house move)

edited 30 July 2018 at 2:14PM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 335 views
TunstallstovenTunstallstoven Forumite
927 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
edited 30 July 2018 at 2:14PM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi all

I'll hopefully soon be moving home and there will be a period of time between that and buying a new place. During that time I plan to store my belongings with my parents. The bulk of the stuff will go into the garage, with any expensive and/or vulnerable goods being put into the house.

Are there insurance policies for this kind of thing what should I be looking for if so? I've tried googling under what I felt were relevant terms, but I have not come up with anything...

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks


  • marlotmarlot Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    My house insurance required professional movers.

    I put some things into self storage (and was able to buy insurance from them).

    Is it possible for your parents to insure the extra items?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides