New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Ukcps

edited 13 July 2018 at 6:23PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
6 replies 361 views
Pjones9985Pjones9985 Forumite
2 posts
edited 13 July 2018 at 6:23PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I have read the newbie thread on company car PCN and Im afraid I am a bit confused!!

The car is a company car and the PCN was sent to the lease company, who then sent it to an employer and they completed a form including the question ' We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this charge relates was......'

The company then inserted the keepers name

Does this make things more difficult as the employer has named the driver??

Also how do you know if they have / have not complied with Schedule 4 of POFA?? The wording of this is complex for a person such as me

The PCN was sent by post to the keepers address accompanied only by the form completed by the employer and a photograph of the vehicle leaving site with their usual official looking letter

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the consensus that I should pay or just ignore them??
    Neither. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 as your starting point. UKCPS are IPC operators, so read the sticky bearing that in mind.
    Many thanks for any advice - I see most people have said dont pay these people but I wondered if there was any changes in the law recently
    Significant legal milestones - 2012 (Protection of Freedoms Act), 2015 (ParkingEye v Beavis). Nothing more recent since then. Both covered in the sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 13 July 2018 at 5:02PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    48.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July 2018 at 5:02PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Do this NOW before you do anything else!

Next, read the sticky thread for NEWBIES. Since this is a company car you will need to follow the advice from a poster called edna basher as this comes under the hire/lease car remit.

You are the day to day keeper and nobody must give away the driver's identity, ever.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Hi fruitcake many thanks for the advice.
    I am still unsure of which template to use from the forums - the PCN was sent to the lease company , the lease company told them the hirers name so it was sent there.
    When it reached the hirer they completed a form which includes the question 'We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this parking charge relates was.....' and have inserted the keepers name
    The parking company then resent it to the keeper as a 'Notice to Hirer' (it does not include the letters PCN)
    Does this mess things up? Presumably the hirer should not be able to state who was driving as in reality they dont know - they would only know who was 'likely' to be driving but not in this case

The website for the parking company does not contain an email link to send appeals - they say they only accept written appeals - this seems to go against all the advice ive read (dont post, dont use registered post etc) - why is it not a good idea to use registered post?

If the wrong template is used then I guess it could mess up any chance of success??
  • DW190DW190 Forumite
    86 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Pjones9985 wrote: »
    'We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this parking charge relates was.....' and have inserted the keepers name

Unless the pen pusher at the Company actually saw you driving they are only making an assumption. What they should have put was that you was the keeper of the vehicle at the time.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 - penned by Edna Basher.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.