Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

The Alphabetty Happy Chatty thread - Page 1143

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Alphabetty Happy Chatty thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
13.4K replies 1M views

Replies

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And pretty please, I need nagging again. :(

I succumbed in Sainsbury's yesterday, although in my defence it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Panna cottas.

Plus I had a lot of bananas on the turn, so I thought I'd use them up by making some ice cream, with just bananas and clotted cream.

And a gin and tonic in a can.

Plus I've slipped from the 5:2 again. :(

Help! :(

On the bright side, I did get my ancient food processor out of its cobweb-covered cupboard, gave it all a good wash, and it still works! That's how I made the ice cream.

The bad news is that the spiraliser competition prize thing doesn't fit the old processor, despite it also being a Moulinex. So I shall sell that too. Shame, though.
    However, now that the processor is out and usable, I might use it to chop and slice my veg. It means keeping it on the worktop, though, and there is very little space.
    I was half hoping it wouldn't work, and then I'd have the excuse of keeping the new one!

You know what'll happen, though, don't you? A week after I sell the new one, the old one will go belly-up.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    One for the road .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_GwicIPNUE6-w_MmbNkx1xWnx_-hSMJbhuqSp-U6W2N9gvnD0yA
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    One for the road .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_GwicIPNUE6-w_MmbNkx1xWnx_-hSMJbhuqSp-U6W2N9gvnD0yA

Keep it up, keep it up, daily.

I've got to get back into that mindset I had earlier in the year.

(It was the AmDram debacles wot did fer me, I reckon. :()
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blacknag.gif

I used to dance to this when I did English Folk Dancing! :):)

(I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I need reminding too. At least after this week I won't have the World Cup to blame ... of course I'm going to have a drink while watching the remaining matches!

Then, when school breaks up, Mme. visits her parents for three weeks, so my diet is down to me (and Bobby) alone ... Mrs. Sleazy wants to trim a bit before the end of term, so hopefully the next month won't be too bad for me.

This vitamin D defficiency of mine - I wonder if that's why I've been craving eggs so much? Five today - 3 scrambled for breakfast and 2 hard boiled tonight. Aparently the yolks have a lot of vitamin D ... I was out in the sun for at least an hour today as well, NHS say 15 minutes without sunscreen should be enough, so I really don't know what's going on ...

I feel like a right moaner now ....
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need reminding too. At least after this week I won't have the World Cup to blame ... of course I'm going to have a drink while watching the remaining matches!

Then, when school breaks up, Mme. visits her parents for three weeks, so my diet is down to me (and Bobby) alone ... Mrs. Sleazy wants to trim a bit before the end of term, so hopefully the next month won't be too bad for me.

This vitamin D defficiency of mine - I wonder if that's why I've been craving eggs so much? Five today - 3 scrambled for breakfast and 2 hard boiled tonight. Aparently the yolks have a lot of vitamin D ... I was out in the sun for at least an hour today as well, NHS say 15 minutes without sunscreen should be enough, so I really don't know what's going on ...

I feel like a right moaner now ....

Perhaps it's how your body absorbs/uses it that's the problem, rather than it being a deficiency as such.

Might be worth looking into, as Vit D is fat soluble, so is stored in the body and overdosing is easy.

Maybe that's why my egg mood went on for longer than usual? Because I've been indoors so much over the last couple of years, I took a Vit D spray daily through the winters, then stopped in Spring, but I've just started using it again. Am not going out much due to jungle and heat.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just noticed my typo in spelling deficiency :o

I used to take a vitamin D spray too, and might start again. I'll wait for the GP's 8 week course first - I expect she may want me to have another blood test afterwards,

Reading NHS stuff, Vitamin D deficiency can be responsible for a host of other things including obesity, so at least I can blame something else now! :rotfl:

Can be responsible for Auto-Immune issues too, which was why I initially had extended sick leave from work (the other issues followed on afterwards).
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Ere, Sleazy! Wot's wiv the dragon-slaying, then?

Dragons is good creechers!

We'll have no dragon-slaying here, tha norrs!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thought it sounded good ... street cred and all that ...