Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

The Good Morning thread - Page 1954

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Good Morning thread

edited 8 September 2015 at 9:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
24K replies 916.4K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Good morning rattly timing chains!

I remember those indicators Pyxis. State of the art they were too! Saved putting your arm out of the window. I never could see the point of signalling 'left' in a RH drive car with your arm!

Hadn't thought about the doors thing, but makes sense.
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Good morning rattly timing chains!

I remember those indicators Pyxis. State of the art they were too! Saved putting your arm out of the window. I never could see the point of signalling 'left' in a RH drive car with your arm!

Hadn't thought about the doors thing, but makes sense.

Ooh! Arm signals! I forgot about those! I had to learn those!
    Was tested on them in my test!

I preferred the circling left turn style to the inside pointing across to the left style.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• OakdeneOakdene Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Yes! Just look at it creeping over your collar, you 'orrible little man! Are you a girl?

Oops! Have I turned into Windsor Davies? :rotfl:

Haha its not quite that long but my fringe is too long now!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Haha its not quite that long but my fringe is too long now!!

A Beatle?,

(I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Flick216Flick216 Forumite
    9K posts
    Morning all!

I'm feeling a little delicate today....:eek:
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakdene, I had to google your signature!
    It's very lovely!........

Dwy galon, un dyhead, dwy dafod ond un iaith, dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen, dau enaid ond un taith:

Two hearts, one desire, two tongues but one language, two ropes linked, two souls but one journey.

A Welsh poem by Dic Jones

Flick216 wrote: »
    Morning all!

I wonder why that be, Flicketty Widget? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Flick216Flick216 Forumite
    9K posts
    I just remember thinking, right! Time to stop then falling asleep with this...

http://www.pabobo.com/index.php/en/the-whole-range/Produit/41/3/endormir/mimi-bunny.html

For clarity, it's one of the products we sell and we had to visit the warehouse last week to weigh and measure all the products for WEEE and logistics purposes. The bunny could not be repackaged so I brought it home. It makes a fabulous colour changing lightshow on the ceiling!

I stopped at a bottle and a half.....
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, I'm just tired, though I did have a glass of wine last night, to celebrate having a fridge that can actually chill wine again.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
  • OakdeneOakdene Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Oakdene, I had to google your signature!
    It's very lovely!........

Dwy galon, un dyhead, dwy dafod ond un iaith, dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen, dau enaid ond un taith:

Two hearts, one desire, two tongues but one language, two ropes linked, two souls but one journey.

A Welsh poem by Dic Jones

I wonder why that be, Flicketty Widget? :D

Yeah its one of my favourites, I love it.
    Morning all!

Haha too much wine? ;)
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remember thinking, right! Time to stop then falling asleep with this...

http://www.pabobo.com/index.php/en/the-whole-range/Produit/41/3/endormir/mimi-bunny.html

For clarity, it's one of the products we sell and we had to visit the warehouse last week to weigh and measure all the products for WEEE and logistics purposes. The bunny could not be repackaged so I brought it home. It makes a fabulous colour changing lightshow on the ceiling!

Ah, bless! :D

Perhaps you could sell it to adults as a cure for insomnia? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support