Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 657

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 698.4K views

Replies

• NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phoning an organisation and you get disconnected for these reasons
    . When you have not selected an option as you forgotten what 1 goes to or unsure which one to select
    . When the queue is full. Sometimes just trying a couple of minutes later and you are able to queue. It's the ones you try several times. No idea when is the best time to phone them
    . The ones you speak to an automated voice. "What are you calling about?" Then slowly saying "I want to pay". They don't understand what you are saying then hang up. Couldn't remember which company that was for now. Normally, they connect you to a human.

I can think of one which happened to me last year (can't remember who it was) which trumps all of those:

When you call a company and after spending 15 minutes in the queue you get a message along the lines of "all our operators are busy, please call back later", then get cut off.
  • ZincoZinco Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Too hot, no air.
  • JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phoning an organisation and you get disconnected for these reasons
    . When you have not selected an option as you forgotten what 1 goes to or unsure which one to select
    . When the queue is full. Sometimes just trying a couple of minutes later and you are able to queue. It's the ones you try several times. No idea when is the best time to phone them
    . The ones you speak to an automated voice. "What are you calling about?" Then slowly saying "I want to pay". They don't understand what you are saying then hang up. Couldn't remember which company that was for now. Normally, they connect you to a human.
    I can think of one which happened to me last year (can't remember who it was) which trumps all of those:

When you call a company and after spending 15 minutes in the queue you get a message along the lines of "all our operators are busy, please call back later", then get cut off.

"Your call is important to us" . . . Click. . .Dialtone.
    Been there a few times. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to arrange a redelivery online with Royal Mail, going through all the stages, and then it tells me there is a problem with my address; I'm to put in a flat number.
    Well, it's a house in single ownership, not a block of flats, so I couldn't.
    After trying to get past it a few times, I gave up and rang the telephone number instead.

Went right through everything, slowly, finally got to what I thought would be a confirmation of the redelivery date, and an automated voice said: can't proceed due to a semantic error, goodbye. Dialling tone.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

It wasn't all that long ago you could ring the local sorting office and speak to a very nice man who sorted everything really quickly.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Flick216Flick216 Forumite
    9K posts
    Nothing!

I finished at 3 today and I am most of the way through a bottle of wine, chilling with The Sims! Yay me!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • edited 6 July 2018 at 5:26PM
    NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 July 2018 at 5:26PM
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Trying to arrange a redelivery online with Royal Mail, going through all the stages, and then it tells me there is a problem with my address; I'm to put in a flat number.
    After trying to get past it a few times, I gave up and rang the telephone number instead.

Went right through everything, slowly, finally got to what I thought would be a confirmation of the redelivery date, and an automated voice said: can't proceed due to a semantic error, goodbye. Dialling tone.

It wasn't all that long ago you could ring the local sorting office and speak to a very nice man who sorted everything really quickly.

I'd have thought adding a non-existent flat number would be okay, as long as the rest of the address, including house number, is correct it should get there.
  • GloomendoomGloomendoom Forumite
    16.5K posts
    Pyxis wrote: »

I had a similar problem trying to get something delivered to my work address. I kept trying to submit the form but it kept asking for a second line in the address. In frustration, I typed in "There is no f%4ing second line." It was happy with that and confirmed my order.

A week later the package was delivered to reception complete with the second line in the address, exactly as I'd typed it (without the special characters).
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
  • NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem trying to get something delivered to my work address. I kept trying to submit the form but it kept asking for a second line in the address. In frustration, I typed in "There is no f%4ing second line." It was happy with that and confirmed my order.

A week later the package was delivered to reception complete with the second line in the address, exactly as I'd typed it (without the special characters).

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What's annoying, though, is that if Royal Mail can't get your address right, especially with the post code, what hope is there? :(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flick216 wrote: »
    Nothing!

I finished at 3 today and I am most of the way through a bottle of wine, chilling with The Sims! Yay me!

Well bu**er off this thread then!
    :D:D. :D:D:D:D;)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).