5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11K replies 748K views

Replies

• villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Enjoying walk and the gate, standing in the field with no fence, makes me smile when I walk past it.

2. Conversation with my manager at work. They took on board what I've said.

3. Watered the garden with a new hose pipe. It all fitted togethrwell.

4. Yea from freezer. All had something different.

5. Watched the football.
  • Hopeless_CaseHopeless_Case Forumite
    948 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    1) A nice walk last night after 8.30 when we had a nice cooling breeze.

2) A conversation with a 4 year old about unicorns!

3) Giving quite a lot of my home made preserves/pickles/chutneys to our 86 year old pal from the allotment so I don't have to move then when we go.

4) Giving some of this years redcurrant crop to Cookie's mum as I've enough redcurrant jelly to last me 5 years on the shelf already.

5) Tea, oh the glory of a cuppa even when it's boiling outside always makes my world a better place.

100% this :):)

I think the footie was 1, 2, 3 4 and 5 of my pleasures yesterday - once the match was over, that is! :eek: The late goal, extra time, realisation of another penalty shoot out and the saved penalty were 1,2,3 and 4 of the worst bits :rotfl: Shattered today!!

A cooler night, which was lovely

OH had his first full day driving and at work, one of our customers said he looked so much better then before the stents which is wonderful :) And he got through the whole England match with no chest pain :j:j

Dwarf sunflowers are out and lovely, courgettes coming thick and fast
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Have enjoyed catching up with your pleasures. Frith I am glad the hens are settling in well. MHags I know I shouldn't laugh but that naughty laddie Haggis !! fancy losing his shoes and eating frozen sausages

2. Life is going on. Missing DM dreadfully. DF continues to recover from life threatening sepsis

3. Theatre staff in local hospital singing happy birthday to me before sedating me for procedure. They were lovely and could tell I was scared to death so were very kind. Thankfully all over now and will wait 3-4 weeks for results of biopsies

4. Some lovely puppy walks. Lots of wildlife, shrews/voles - not sure which but very small and fast ! Squirrels and birds and butterflies. Fish and baby fluffy birds at local pond and even a heron. Puppy paddling in the sea and paddling pool on patio and crunching ice cubes trying to keep her cool in this awful hot weather

5. Get well messages from friends and being treated to lunch out
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday pleasures,

Capt S dealing with a wasps nest with his face covered by horse girlies spare fly mask, sensible but it was the floppy ear pieces that had me in stitches and reaching for my phone camera :D

Met up with friend for a lunch, enjoyed my salad but seriously coveted the fresh fruit roulade being enjoyed by couple at next table.

Late to the yard but it was pleasantly busy so caught up with some of the other owners.

The football, oh my, heart rate up and threats to go out to garden if it went to a penalty shoot out, it did and I didn’t :j

Stayed up later than usual as adrenaline meant wouldn’t sleep so sat outside for a while to watch the moths and bats do their thing.
  • edited 4 July 2018 at 11:23AM
    VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2018 at 11:23AM
    Hi Skint nice to 'see' you - glad you and yours are on the road to recovery. I know what you mean about your mum - I literally just this minute picked up the phone book and a piece of paper with dad's writing on dropped out. Brought a sudden tear..

Pleasures for yesterday

1. FN (Favourite Niece - yes, FB people, for that is she) got a 1st!!:j Sooo proud of her, she didn't have the easiest of starts and doesn't always get it easy now.
    2. Free lunch was nice - they had vegan GF wraps, which were delicious. i am neither vegan nor GF (though i do try to avoid it) but will always have something like this if it's on offer.
    3. the workshop was a bit 'meh' but still quite interesting with snippets of usefulness. Not least that the issues and barriers I face are faced by all the other :p
    4. Really beautiful walks to the station and through London. Gorgeous warm sunshine - I can't get enough of it. Well, i guess i can as i asked DS to pick me up from the train:D
    5. The football - i am not really a follower, we usually support the Welsh in our house who, obviously, aren't there. But it was on in the background and i got interested due to the antics of the columbians. They deserved to lose - cheating scumbags.

Have a good day all - excitingly, I am having my oven cleaned.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • edited 4 July 2018 at 12:03PM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2018 at 12:03PM
    & shouldn't be here, but Lainey: WASPS' NEST is a real alert.
    Delayed anaphylactic shock still kicked in for &. Was v.lucky in Dr knowing about this. It's the 3rd time & has been lucky that a field of interest in one of our Drs has really saved & from much worse. Prev. was scombroid poisoning - from rapeseed pollen, apparently, and nothing to do with tuna., Other was [apparently] spider bite, in dark shed.
    Drs Google and Wiki can do a certain amount, but - as Dr said - those who need urgent appointments are those who often delay them, for best of reasons - reluctant to bother anyone, save resources, pressure on surgery etc.etc.
    Anyway, must continue Spits prep.
    & is still on high dose meds for another few days. No longer red/white welts and swellings on arms and only 1 lip sting still discernible, barely.
    I now know that reaction to wasp venom changes over lifetime and successive sting episodes.
    PLEASE, EVERYONE, BE CAREFUL.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:[URL="tel:01274760720"]01274 760720[/URL], freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    1) We've got Maisie doggie for the day and she's laying by my feet!

2) I've had my hair cut and no longer feel like a midsummer haystack.

3) Picked Runner beans, climbing French beans and 'Ferrari' fine beans from the garden and in good quantity too this morning.

4) Cooler today, thank goodness.

5) 2 doggies to walk this afternoon as we'll pick Cookie up from the pub and take her when we take Maisie, they get on really well together, always nice to have a lead each!
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

4 Big Sis tried to ring during the football with some news. It took some time to answer! See above. She had the telephone thrown down on her ten times! Never call BoP during the football! Ever! It was good news, And yous all will knows about it soon! No more talk this weak of Ikea and meat balls and whatever. That is cardbored furniture and not proper foods!

3 Wobbleades were consumed! Prawn Grizzles were for tea. Tad hot as I over splashed with the chilli flakes! BoPsie had proper wine from NZ, NZ &!

2 Nite BoP is inn the gym trimming!

Having one today. So BoP gets his five yearly bum test. Tries to book inn Bristol. Cannot do as BoP has Jenny! Connected technology! How comes you find I has an ICD? IT? Connected! Not!

Columbian players rough tactics and play acting is just like their coffee. Nasty, bitter and lives a sour
    taste in your mouth.
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • Hopeless_CaseHopeless_Case Forumite
    948 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Hi Skint nice to 'see' you - glad you and yours are on the road to recovery. I know what you mean about your mum - I literally just this minute picked up the phone book and a piece of paper with dad's writing on dropped out. Brought a sudden tear..

Pleasures for yesterday

1. FN (Favourite Niece - yes, FB people, for that is she) got a 1st!!:j Sooo proud of her, she didn't have the easiest of starts and doesn't always get it easy now.
    2. Free lunch was nice - they had vegan GF wraps, which were delicious. i am neither vegan nor GF (though i do try to avoid it) but will always have something like this if it's on offer.
    3. the workshop was a bit 'meh' but still quite interesting with snippets of usefulness. Not least that the issues and barriers I face are faced by all the other :p
    4. Really beautiful walks to the station and through London. Gorgeous warm sunshine - I can't get enough of it. Well, i guess i can as i asked DS to pick me up from the train:D
    5. The football - i am not really a follower, we usually support the Welsh in our house who, obviously, aren't there. But it was on in the background and i got interested due to the antics of the columbians. They deserved to lose - cheating scumbags.

Have a good day all - excitingly, I am having my oven cleaned.
    Think this is waaay off OS-topic so apologies, but I was a bit taken aback when people on a Spanish speaking Facebook page I go on were saying that the refereeing was awful - and FIFA owe the Colombians an apology!! I know I'm biased but was genuinely taken aback - I had a google and saw this:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3556257/colombia-coach-jose-pekerman-accuses-england-players-of-faking-fouls?platform=amp

Now to be fair England did make a meal of some of the fouls, but seeing as Colombia's game plan in the first half seemed to be to rile them up, they richly deserved it IMO, and Colombia got away with plenty, so tough luck and hard cheese :rotfl:
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday pleasures

Up early with a jetlagged child but managed to get back to sleep.

Nice dog walk though we lost a shoe! Might find it in October when the grass dies back! But we have a spare pair!

Went to T for some fruit and picked up stuff for mum. Did her ironing, hoovering and washed floors.

Nice lunch of salads and crusty bread.

Too hot for me outside this afternoon so read and may have snoozed!

Jam sandwich for my tea!

Nice chat with niece. ' I don't understand why you find thus hot...you lived in Australia! ' .....er, it was too hot there too !