New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Work pension

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Auto-enrolment
2 replies 2.9K views
Kazjaz1980Kazjaz1980 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Auto-enrolment
My work pension is changing over to Royal London. Do I transfer what I have already saved to Royal London or leave it where it is and start fresh??
Help please!!

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-one can answer that. What sort of pension is it with RL? I have a Stakeholder with them, which I'm not contributing to any more but I could top it up if I wanted to. Not all schemes allow that.

Who are you being transferred to? How old are you? How much have you got in RL? And the $64,000 question which no-one can answer with much certainty: which of the two providers will perform best between now and your retirement?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't really need any help with this. Your employer will tell you everything you need to know about your work pension, and if you have any other pension savings elsewhere, I would wait until you see how your work pension performs before deciding to move any other money to RL.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.