IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Parking fine cancelled then reinstated

Replies

• JodyGrayJodyGray Forumite
    43 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Keith I will do that now. Many years back I contacted my MP, his secretary dealt with the matter and although efforts were made it proved unsuccessful. I recall the process took quite a long time which is off putting in this case.
  • edited 24 April 2018 at 8:33PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 8:33PM
    Things are different when there is a relevant Bill going through Parliament, READ the Debate and/or watch the video (both already linked for you) and see how some MPs are very much on this case! Start your complaint by pointing your MP towards the Hansard record of the debate and tell him/her that you are also a victim...blah blah...

But honestly the Hotel (Head Office of HI, or the CEO) is your key to getting an offer and maybe getting the Hotel to pay PE off as a gesture of goodwill. If you don't ask, you don't get, see my previous answer for what to say. Be up front about the hundreds of people viewing this outcome.

Give them a link to this thread if you like, Hotels & retailers need to wake up and and smell the coffee about ParkingEye.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    43 Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks Coupon-mad, I will do as you suggested and some good points made. It's been 5 or 6 emails so far and to be honest I feel like giving up but will give it one more go......the last email was from the operations manager at the hotel whose grasp of grammar and basic spelling was awful - not that it makes a difference.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.3K Posts
    Forumite
    It's been 5 or 6 emails so far and to be honest I feel like giving up but will give it one more go.
    Good you are annoying them, keep going, you are annoyed and you want them to sort it!

If it's only with the Ops Manager of the Hotel, you need to tell him/her at the end of your email, that you will be escalating it to HI nationally, if they fail to make a proper effort to resolve this as other Hotels have done with this notorious nasty company, who will go away of the Hotel pays them off.

Ask why HI thinks this is good customer service, and good publicity? Why do they have such a nasty firm on site, to intimidate, demand huge sums from, then sue their patrons? Do HI actually think people will ever come back?

Tell them you will also be writing the outcome up on TripAdvisor and are contacting your MP.
    43 Posts
    Forumite
    Ok so recieved latest email from HI today repeating that because POPLA were involved they will not cancel the fine and contacting HI hq will only result in being directed back to the ops manager who is already dealing with it, however a link was supplied to their parent site. I have sent the ops manager an email asking for a reason for changing their mind and for confirmation that contacting them first would of resulted in the fine being cancelled. I have also emailed my MP the details and requested assistance. I have yet to recieve any correspondence from parking eye - does anyone know what that will be? A final notice to pay the fine? Worst case scenario if I contact them to pay £10 a month (total fine £100) would they accept ?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Worst case scenario if I contact them to pay £10 a month (total fine £100) would they accept ?
    No, and why the heck would you do that?
    and contacting HI hq will only result in being directed back to the ops manager who is already dealing with it
    He would say that...test it! Take it up with the Head Office.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Who keeps calling this a fine??
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    43 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi, I don't wish to incur court costs etc which could escalate to hundreds, as I said I have a young family and money is tight. Paying this "parking notice" is wrong but my options are not good. I posted on the HI head office site and await a reply. I have appreciated all feedback and have acted accordingly. For now I will wait to see what the MP and HI say - would you believe it dates back to the 10th January!!!!!
    43 Posts
    Forumite
    As for the 'FINE' there is nothing fine about it, it's an unscrupulous company taking advantage of a member of public who was in considerable distress and endorsed by POPLA and the hotel. It's ridiculous, unfair and unjust - clear enough?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    108.3K Posts
    Forumite
    I don't wish to incur court costs etc which could escalate to hundreds,
    Nor would I. Luckily, that can't happen in small claims. What makes you think so?

would you believe it dates back to the 10th January!
    Some people have cases at court defence stage from a PCN six years ago:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5785805

January is nothing by our standards. And they WILL NOT accept an offer to pay £100 at a tenner a month, and whilst this is under dispute, PE can't just issue a claim so why are you thinking of paying so early?

Make sure PE are aware of the dispute and that the MP writes to them urgently.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals