» »

budget accomodation Cardiff area

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

budget accomodation Cardiff area

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Wales
4 replies 7.5K views
peewhyeffpeewhyeff Forumite
916 posts
Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Wales
need budget accomodation for nights of 27th and 28th April for 4 adults.
Will need 2 rooms and parking for 1 car. Even Travelodge are coming out at £400+. Can be Travelodge type, or air bnb, or pub, even caravan. Anything considered. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick look at airbnb seems to be throwing up options from £65 per night - that should save quite a bit when divided between 4 people.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • infjinfj Forumite
    49 posts
    Depending on how close you need to be to Cardiff, you could look at staying further out from Cardiff - places like Bridgend, Porthcawl, Llantrisant are all only 45-60 mins away on the M4 and prices may be better. Trains from Bridgend are about 20 mins and only cost about £8 return. Finding a seat is the challenge at certain times!!!
    Don't go the Newport side though - you do NOT want to negotiate the tunnels.
  • peewhyeffpeewhyeff Forumite
    916 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to both Dobbibill and Infj now booked In Penarth. Still not cheap but needed to book it. Had no idea why Cardiff should be so expensive.
  • It's Judgement Day at the Principality Stadium/Millennium Stadium - that's probably why it's so expensive that weekend.