Cheap disco essex

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
9 replies 977 views
shykinsshykins Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
i am geting married with a small reception at home and would like someone to play music for us.. nothing fancy as there will be only a few guests with lots of kids.. i cant see much dancing being done as its in our garden

anyone got any suggestions???

TIA
When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining

Replies

• Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shykins,

As you haven't had any replies on I wanna board, I am moving your thread over to the England board, where hopefully you'll have more luck.

Pink
  • shykinsshykins Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks... all i want is somene to play some music lol dont even have to be professional..

• themadbirdthemadbird Forumite
    247 Posts
    You can always try mixing a few discs yourself :) You can use software called MixMeister - it's perfect - doesn't cost as much as a DJ plus you can make up 80 minute mixes from your fave music :) Sure if you do a google search on it you can find it. HTH
    Everyone has a photographic memory, it's just some of them don't have film.
    247 Posts
    Just checked out the website (just put Mixmeister in google to find it) - Mixmeister express costs $49.95 (about £31 ish???) - and you can have fun messing with it :)
    247 Posts
    Also, you can hire some lights from your local DJ shop - I wouldn't ask them to recommend a DJ though because DJ's "usually" charge quite a bit more for weddings (some don't though - hubby is a DJ and he doesn't charge extra for weddings) but just be careful as some see it as easy pickings. If you hire a set of lights (might be about £45 for the evening for something quite basic) and do your own cd's - you can get it all sorted for about £100 in total. You can always put a message on the DFB forum at discocity (again just google search) and they may be able to suggest something too :)

Congrats on getting married :)
  • What part of Essex are you in? How much were you looking to pay? And what night is the party on? My OH is a DJ so we know LOADS of them
  • shykinsshykins Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks everyone for the ideas and the congrats :)

i am near maldon/South woodham ferrers... .... the date is 24th September .. to run from approx 7-11ish

i thought i would be able to sort it for less than £100 but maybe i am being naive as to be honest i have no idea how much they charg, never having had one before

• LOL My OH is in SWF!!!!!

£100 would be exceptioinally cheap actually. Usually weddings cost between £200 to £300 depending on DJ. I'll have a word with him and see if he knows anyone who could do it cheap
  • Actually if you email him through the website then he may be able to come up with some bright ideas

DJNeilMatthew
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides