Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
helpful tips
it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
there - 'in or at that place'
their - 'owned by them'
they're - 'they are'
it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    It's been a long time coming...
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    16.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delighted, about time.

• Alpine_StarAlpine_Star Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the news hasn't reached their website yet which appears to be trading as usual.

The Times reported that ''According to its most recent annual report, the firm, owned by Ibrar Akbar, 30, who went to Bolton Sixth Form College, is also being investigated by HMRC having set up a remuneration trust and moved £11.6m into the tax management vehicle.''
  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    they're not likely to change their page to say that they've been closed down for being one of the more dodgy CMC's
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Sorry if this is posted already but what do I do re Harringtons, like an idiot I got them to start acting for me re claims a few years ago. I got a letter from them Nov 2017 saying I will get a refund from RBS re a credit card due to Plevin I then got a letter through from RBS saying they weren't dealing with them and would only deal with me, today I got a cheque through for £205 but what do I do as I see they are supposed to have stopped trading last year if so how come they still sent me a letter in Nov. Am I still legally required to send them a payment please help/advise
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I still legally required to send them a payment please help/advise
    Had any contact from them asking for or demanding payment?
  • When they sent me that letter in Nov 2017 saying I would be getting a refund within approx 8 weeks and to advise them when I did with proof of the amount awarded to me nothing since then
  • They hound me every day they are border line is harassing me are they closed or not and they are do I have to pay them????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Tonysaxton wrote: »
    They hound me every day they are border line is harassing me are they closed or not and they are do I have to pay them????
    If you owe them money, the debt isn't going away.
  • edited 9 March 2018 at 3:20PM
    Fazzy12Fazzy12 Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 9 March 2018 at 3:20PM
    They are still trading under different names, and have just set up new call centres in new premises in Bury and Bolton.

The Hub (Bury)
    Financial justice (Bolton)

They also have other claims companies ran by friends and family for extra income.

Oracle Legal Group (Bury)
    Mayfair Sales (Bury)

They also switch directors a lot probably to avoid tax.

IBRAR AKBAR Director featured in the news recently for tax avoidance and claims management breeches.

MOHAMMED MASUM (director/partner) is one of the owners and has convictions for dealing
    cocaine. His property on Manchester Road, Bury has a value of over 1.5million.

DAVID JOHN GRIMSHAW Switches from Admin Manager to Financial Director and Company director. Has assets of more than 3million.

You may also want to look into other companies owned ny them as they have fingers in a lot of pies.

PENSIONS LEGAL LIMITED
    Director of this company was strangely put in the name of a sales advisor who worked at Harrington's her name is MS SIOBHAN ALEXIA FAULDS.

IA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD

MM INVESTMENTS (UK) LTD