5.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vfm, I will try not to judge you ;)
  • buildersdaughterbuildersdaughter Forumite
    478 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I had one of those teapots with an integrated infuser - it was a gift - and not a cheap one! I found it a faff, and then the central column developed cracks, so it was just like an ordinary teapot! Again, more fiddly to deal with than just emptying out a pot.
  • Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just buy teabags that don't contain plastic. Clipper teas or Teapigs, for example.

Might be cheaper. And I love so many of the Teapigs' varieties (including the Chai, served black - would also be perfect for soaking dried fruit in or making bread pud).

But if you decide to do loose tea, just a cheap strainer will do the job perfectly.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could just buy teabags that don't contain plastic. Clipper teas or Teapigs, for example.

Might be cheaper. And I love so many of the Teapigs' varieties (including the Chai, served black - would also be perfect for soaking dried fruit in or making bread pud).

But if you decide to do loose tea, just a cheap strainer will do the job perfectly.

Neither Clipper or Teapigs are cheap. I also think teapigs are mean with the leaves which is OK if you like weak tea.

I'm more than happy to get a second cup out of a teabag.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals