Motorhome parking

in N. Ireland
5 replies 1.8K views
CEON44CEON44 Forumite
444 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭
Thinking of buying a Motorhome for the summer season. I dont really want to pay holiday park prices for every night. So what are the rules for parking in laybys, roadside, car parks etc.
I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p

Replies

• BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You would actually feel safe and relaxed overnighting in laybys, roadside, car parks etc in this day and age ??
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My family have had one for years, they will only use recommended motorhome parks by the caravan club and get discount at these for being a member too. The fees aren't that bad to be honest if you book online well in advance.

I personally wouldn't pay 30-40k plus for a motorhome and park it in a lay-by to save £20:o

Alternatively just take it to Landsdown Cresent in Portrush and park beside all the rest of them, council seem to do nothing despite all the signs :o
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    steveymp wrote: »
    My family have had one for years, they will only use recommended motorhome parks by the caravan club and get discount at these for being a member too. The fees aren't that bad to be honest if you book online well in advance.

I personally wouldn't pay 30-40k plus for a motorhome and park it in a lay-by to save £20:o

Alternatively just take it to Landsdown Cresent in Portrush and park beside all the rest of them, council seem to do nothing despite all the signs :o

Problem is its not just to save £20. If I buy one I plan to just take off and drive, maybe staying away for a month or more, and doing this frequently. So I could end up paying hundreds or even thousands in site fees. I would still use parks but not on a 100% basis.
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • edited 25 February 2018 at 2:20PM
    qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 February 2018 at 2:20PM
    BigAl94 wrote: »
    You would actually feel safe and relaxed overnighting in laybys, roadside, car parks etc in this day and age ??

I!!!8217;d feel perfectly safe, since this day and age is a lot better than 30 or 40 years ago. I just wouldn!!!8217;t do it for more than a day or two at a time, to avoid upsetting the locals.
    Although some folk have been camped out in a car park in Sligo town for years, which probably gets them squatter!!!8217;s rights. They don!!!8217;t seem to have paid the parking charges.

Bring back the apostrophe.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides