Motorhome parking

in N. Ireland
5 replies 1.8K views
CEON44CEON44 Forumite
444 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭
Thinking of buying a Motorhome for the summer season. I dont really want to pay holiday park prices for every night. So what are the rules for parking in laybys, roadside, car parks etc.
I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p

Replies

• BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You would actually feel safe and relaxed overnighting in laybys, roadside, car parks etc in this day and age ??
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My family have had one for years, they will only use recommended motorhome parks by the caravan club and get discount at these for being a member too. The fees aren't that bad to be honest if you book online well in advance.

I personally wouldn't pay 30-40k plus for a motorhome and park it in a lay-by to save £20:o

Alternatively just take it to Landsdown Cresent in Portrush and park beside all the rest of them, council seem to do nothing despite all the signs :o
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    steveymp wrote: »
    My family have had one for years, they will only use recommended motorhome parks by the caravan club and get discount at these for being a member too. The fees aren't that bad to be honest if you book online well in advance.

I personally wouldn't pay 30-40k plus for a motorhome and park it in a lay-by to save £20:o

Alternatively just take it to Landsdown Cresent in Portrush and park beside all the rest of them, council seem to do nothing despite all the signs :o

Problem is its not just to save £20. If I buy one I plan to just take off and drive, maybe staying away for a month or more, and doing this frequently. So I could end up paying hundreds or even thousands in site fees. I would still use parks but not on a 100% basis.
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • edited 25 February 2018 at 2:20PM
    qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 February 2018 at 2:20PM
    BigAl94 wrote: »
    You would actually feel safe and relaxed overnighting in laybys, roadside, car parks etc in this day and age ??

I!!!8217;d feel perfectly safe, since this day and age is a lot better than 30 or 40 years ago. I just wouldn!!!8217;t do it for more than a day or two at a time, to avoid upsetting the locals.
    Although some folk have been camped out in a car park in Sligo town for years, which probably gets them squatter!!!8217;s rights. They don!!!8217;t seem to have paid the parking charges.

Bring back the apostrophe.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS