My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.8K replies 303.2K views

Replies

• CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really does sound nasty. I'm glad you'e staying in (but also glad you get the chance to post the paperwork).
    I havent got a fire but if I did I would definitely burn my paperwork,I would find that quite therapeutic,I always feel like a dodgy politician when Im shredding stuff

There are definite advantages to an open fire - I feel like the heroine of a historical novel instead of a dodgy politician. :rotfl:
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 51 remaining as of September.
    Toiletries used up 0/176.
  • edited 8 February 2018 at 7:16PM
    OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 February 2018 at 7:16PM
    Well I must say Im quite pleased and proud of myself today,I sat down and went through all my paperwork noted down any relevant details in my new finance folder and shredded the lot,I,also chopped up all my CCs so the only bit of plastic I own now is my debit card from my old account which Im hanging onto for a few weeks until I think I dont need it anymore and my new debit card for my new bank account which arrived today,even though I know I still have to pay it all back Im so relieved I dont own any more CCs and never will,those things are evil and I cant be trusted so no more
    I have also checked my SC paperwork is all ready to go and Im taking that to the post office in the morning to be posted
    Ive switched and cancelled all my direct debits now apart from one which is due to be paid on Monday so that will get done then
    I have all my new bank info so,I can now register my online account,Im probably going to do that tomorrow though as Im feeling a bit frazzled now
    Ive checked my old bank account and have money left to draw out for my food shop for the rest of the month, there was £50 left after everything comes out so I paid a payment off that creditors card so that should stop them moaning for a bit,also included in the money Im drawing out tomorrow is enough to add another £45 to my emergency fund,I was going to pay this off the card but panicked in case something unforeseen comes up so Im keeping it instead
    That is all my financial shenanigans for today
    I havent done any of the house work I wanted to do apart from a load of washing because I feel too ill but Im happy with the progress made in other areas today,I wanted to just go and lie down on the sofa and feel sorry for myself but I didntI ploughed on
    Im now trying to decide what to have for my tea as Im hungry but dont fancy anything
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,136Now Owed = £13,481.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £500.00
    House Fund = £614.00
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bonus of the day,Ive just found a veggi lasagne in the freezer so thats tea sorted :)
    House Fund = £614.00
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have read your diary today and think you have started well. I have been ill on and off for 8 weeks with laryngitis and coughing. I also worry about being off work but ended up in hospital this week so really not bothered anymore.

Hope you feel better soon.
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have read your diary today and think you have started well. I have been ill on and off for 8 weeks with laryngitis and coughing. I also worry about being off work but ended up in hospital this week so really not bothered anymore.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks,I’m sorry you have been ill and ended up in hospital that must have been awful,my chest is burning and wheezy so it’s definitely not right, I was actually ill the week before this with a nasty D&V bug that took me 5 days to get over then just as that cleared up I got this cold,I think I’m run down and being stressed out is not helping,I don’t have to go back to work until Tuesday now so hopefully I will get rid of this bug by then,I taking a vitamin tonic at the moment that is for when you have been run down its usually really good but I’m not sure it’s up to the job with this :(
    House Fund = £614.00
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to put this in my post earlier,but the most exciting thing that happened to day was that my cross stitch supplies arrived so I can start sewing the picture my son in law wants to give to my daughter,I might make a start on it tonight :)
    House Fund = £614.00
  • redofromstartredofromstart Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    :hello: onebrokelady and happy new diary
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow you have been poorly! Hope you are on the road to recovery. But what a positive week with the debt sorting.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    :hello: onebrokelady and happy new diary
    Hi and thankyou :)
    House Fund = £614.00
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow you have been poorly! Hope you are on the road to recovery. But what a positive week with the debt sorting.[/QUOTE
    It certainly has been a positive week debt wise,I feel more in control now,I know there will be bumps in the road but I feel up to taking on the challenge now,Im really hoping the doctor will be be able to fix me tomorrow but if it’s just a virus then I just have to wait it out
    House Fund = £614.00