Best to way to send maxi dress

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
5 replies 939 views
pennypincher2013pennypincher2013 Forumite
357 Posts
I'm having a clear out and am looking to sell a Coast silk maxi dress on ebay. What is the best way to package and send it? I wouldn't want to to get damaged in the post.

Replies

• DoxDox Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tissue paper, very large plastic bag (bin liners aren't elegant but should be spot on size wise), large cardboard box which easily accommodates the folded dress. Your local supermarket will almost certainly be able to give you a box free if you ask and give them an idea of size.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need a large box order a single wiper blade off Amazon (Amazon direct not 3rd party seller) and this is what it arrived in...

amazonwiper.jpg

Yep thats the wiper on the top of the box, i was puzzled when the driver handed me the packages. I had 2 this size and a 3rd one which was about 36" long but only had a single 13" long wiper inside.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mrcol1000mrcol1000 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use black sacks to send it then just be careful. Some of them have a strong odor that smells like stale cigarette smoke. Nothing more likely to annoy a buyer than something smelling a bit like cigarettes.

If you are planning on selling a few clothing items then some mail bags would be a good investment.
  • steveE2steveE2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you need a large box order a single wiper blade off Amazon (Amazon direct not 3rd party seller) and this is what it arrived in...

amazonwiper.jpg

Yep thats the wiper on the top of the box, i was puzzled when the driver handed me the packages. I had 2 this size and a 3rd one which was about 36" long but only had a single 13" long wiper inside.

They must have loads of these to use up,I had 1 roll wallpaper sent in a box 52"X28"
  • Moogles44Moogles44 Forumite
    207 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Yes a bag with not too much tape. It drives me nuts when people tape it up like a mummy and you have to use scissors which sometimes cuts the dress.
    I would send signed for Royal Mail if expensive
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides